• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Soncoz’s new headphone amp

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Only a rendering but looks smart,

Keith

Tks

Major Contributor
Looks great. I really like companies using these non-LCD screens as seen on the Topping DX3 Pro, or basically any digital alarm clock (if this isn't some OLED or something).

Any other details?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Rear view,
https://www.puriteaudio.co.uk/benchmark
Just on their facebook page, but if you look at the rear image I imagine the new amp is designed to be paired with the SGD1.
Amm ( Soncoz) who posts here will keep us updated I am sure.
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I am just the oily rag we need to ask the engineer, Ben/Ann?
Keith

Veri

Master Contributor
Hopefully it has useful EQ features and isn’t just yet another pointless SINAD chaser.
Any chances to get EQ capabilities?
EQ possibilities on an analog-only amplifier?? I don't get what you guys want; something like the Loki? Consider adding one in the chain..
In any case this most likely won't have any hardware EQ. Few amps have that besides iFi stuff with a not so subtle bass boost.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Any chances to get EQ capabilities?

I doubt it as I'm guessing this is analog only and the sgd 1 would be it's natural partner dac which doesn't have it.

For me, a dac /preamp /headamp with a partner app for full dsp (like the rme dac has but easier to manipulate with more parameters) is a hole in the market that I'd like to see fixed. Combine that with tidal /Spotify Connect etc capability and you have the perfect box. Just add active speakers.

Veri

Master Contributor
For me, a dac /preamp /headamp with a partner app for full dsp (like the rme dac has but easier to manipulate with more parameters) is a hole in the market that I'd like to see fixed.
I'm quite sure Topping is working on a DSP unit as value/budget opposition to the RME ADI-2 kind of thing. But I think such a product is not to be underestimated in R&D, wouldn't surprise me if it would take year(s) to get all the kinks out.

ririt

I'm quite sure Topping is working on a DSP unit as value/budget opposition to the RME ADI-2 kind of thing. But I think such a product is not to be underestimated in R&D, wouldn't surprise me if it would take year(s) to get all the kinks out.
Like already raised by JimboB54, this is exactly the kind of product I would like to see with a bit more EQ bands (10?) than what is offered by the RME ADI-2

Top Bottom