• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sonance amp.

Mountainbiker

I recently purchased an mk2 whole house amp, I'm going to bridge 12 channels into 6 for my theater/audio system. I've had sonance 2 channel amps in the past and I loved the way that they sounded. Would this amp provide what I'm looking for in so far as quality is concerned, or am I wasting my time? I only paid $200 bucks for it and it's in mint condition....I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Are you sure it's a 12 channel amp? Sonnace had an 8-channel amp with 4 Icepower 125ASX2 modules. I have one. The front it is a little noisier than I would like for hifi, but otherwise it is fine.

OP
M

Mountainbiker

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it's a 12 channel whole house audio amp. But they (sonance) say that it works and sounds great bridged for home theater. I have an Arcam fmj av9 preamp that will be handling the sources.

Top Bottom