• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Something low cost, measured similar or better than Khadas Tone Board, but with quiet power on/off switch?

Pdxwayne

Major Contributor
I like the Khadas Tone Board. I use it mostly for my 2.1 stereo setup. I like to power off my whole setup at night. Since my sub have no power off switch, turning off the whole setup via my power conditioner power switch would produce loud pop via my sub most of the time. This is due to the pop from KTB shutting down. I also need to remember to turn off my stereo amp first before shutdown whole system.

I am looking for a DAC with coaxial in option (to be fed by node2i), not too expensive, measured as well or better than KTB, and have a quiet power on/off switch.

Please suggest options. Thanks!

OP
Pdxwayne

Pdxwayne

Major Contributor
Hmm, maybe adding a Topping L30 between my KTB and my stereo amp would help remove the pops when doing full system power on and off? I just need to switch the L30 to headphones mode before doimg full system power off or on?

Would turning off L30 cause any pop in its preout RCA channels?

Thanks!

gvl

Major Contributor
If you're willing to deal with an extra switch perhaps just add one inline for the sub and turn it off before the master in the power conditioner.

OP
Pdxwayne

Pdxwayne

Major Contributor
If you're willing to deal with an extra switch perhaps just add one inline for the sub and turn it off before the master in the power conditioner.
Good idea! Maybe a power strip with on/off switch just for the sub. Thanks!

Top Bottom