• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Some pictures from Sound galleries in BMW world

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I would gladly throw my $2500 upsampling server machined from a solid block of aluminum in the shootout. Then Keith can throw in his laptop running just Roon on it's own with no Hqplayer. An ipad can be used for the GUI, this way it's super easy to switch outputs via the app. The Roon outputs can be labeled server #1,2 and 3.

Why not make it 4 and I'll throw in my $350 Microserve as well! I'm confident that even it will beat the laptop.
Great,we can go Camden Town after and drink REAL beer :) bound to be a celebration in the offing ;)

Mivera

Major Contributor
Great,we can go Camden Town after and drink REAL beer :) bound to be a celebration in the offing ;)

I don't know if I can make it physically. But I can ship them there if ready in time. I'm not worried about anyone having trouble setting up because both servers require no setup at all that can't be done on the Roon ipad app. Just plug into the USB, Ethernet and power and they are good to go. Select the location of the file storage right in the Roon app settings screen and it will find and scan the folders. But testing really should be done strictly with Tidal. As this is where the upsampling really shines. In this case no file storage is even required. you have 50 million songs on tap as soon as it turns on!

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I don't know if I can make it physically. But I can ship them there if ready in time. I'm not worried about anyone having trouble setting up because both servers require no setup at all that can't be done on the Roon ipad app. Just plug into the USB, Ethernet and power and they are good to go. Select the location of the file storage right in the Roon app settings screen and it will find and scan the folders. But testing really should be doe strictly with Tidal. As this is where the upsampling really shines. In this case no file storage is even required. you have 50 million songs on tap as soon as it turns on!
Oh well, I will drink yours then:D:(

Mivera

Major Contributor
OP
Phison Audio - Sonny

Phison Audio - Sonny

Industry Expert
Technical Expert

Mivera

Major Contributor
There is actually a lot happening on the "DIY" platform. The Beagle bone black for example from TI. When used as a reference design, time to market is shorter.

Ti has made a reference design with the wireless stuff and Streaming together with "Stream Unlimited". All but the software is "free".

http://www.ti.com/tool/TIDC-WL1837MOD-AUDIO-MULTIROOM-CAPE?keyMatch=audio multiroom cape&tisearch=Search-EN-Everything

http://www.ti.com/lit/ug/tiduaz3/tiduaz3.pdf

Yes I'm familiar with all that stuff. I know a guy who is one of the lead engineers developing WISA certified wireless devices. Last I heard they didn't have anything ready that could go over 24/192 PCM. But it can do it very well with no loss of quality. My Microserve can do up to DSD 1024 wireless today.

Top Bottom