• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Some new stuff from Topping and SMSL.

Viper Necklampy

Smsl D2 if appeared at march in Canjam, you think it will be released this year?
And 24Bit R2R multibit will be a noticeable improvement over D1? I'm not expert, but on paper that R2R that will be implemented in D2, will be one of the best implementation that a 2019 dac could have?

Last edited:
OP
maxxevv

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Pretty sure they have plans to release it soon as they already finalised its launch MRSP then.

Edit: MRSP sales price (I forgot the exact figure bit was about US$1500+ )

As for sound ? No idea if objectively its any "better", but there are probably some minute, subjective differences in the presentation that people may like. I listened to the D2 and D1 via its P1 headphone amp and a HD800 at the show, but seriously, the background was too noisy to pick up any audible nuances and obvious differences between the D1 and D2. (Assuming that I could in ideal conditions.)

In terms of absolute measurable performance, I highly doubt it will best the most well implemented Delta-Sigma systems right now. It will be quite an achievement to get even close in my opinion.

Last edited:

Viper Necklampy

Pretty sure they have plans to release it soon as they already finalised its launch MRSP then.

Edit: MRSP sales price (I forgot the exact figure bit was about US$1500+ )

As for sound ? No idea if objectively its any "better", but there are probably some minute, subjective differences in the presentation that people may like. I listened to the D2 and D1 via its P1 headphone amp and a HD800 at the show, but seriously, the background was too noisy to pick up any audible nuances and obvious differences between the D1 and D2. (Assuming that I could in ideal conditions.)

In terms of absolute measurable performance, I highly doubt it will best the most well implemented Delta-Sigma systems right now. It will be quite an achievement to get even close in my opinion.
Hope they release around september so i could get one, if in Italy is not overpriced.. I will pair it with THX 789, good to hear it's not a replacement of D1, so if i can't afford D2 or other reason, i'll get D1..
R2R is kinda new in DAC's, some people says it's better (More life-like), other's not, i have all the time to try inform myself before make the DAC purchase :) Like in this forum: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/r2r...e-scientific-difference-thats-audible.779572/
Don't know the sound signature of D1, because there are very few review, i think i heard once it's not neutral but kinda warm, so i guess D2 would follow his line.. Hope more reviews for more info's about, measurements here were amazing, but just broken somewhere like some SMSL products seen here

Last edited:

SMSL-Mandy

Audio Company
Smsl D2 if appeared at march in Canjam, you think it will be released this year?
And 24Bit R2R multibit will be a noticeable improvement over D1? I'm not expert, but on paper that R2R that will be implemented in D2, will be one of the best implementation that a 2019 dac could have?
D2 and P2 will be released this year.

OP
maxxevv

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Quite clearly from the photo, the D2 is not the same width as the D1.

Unless of course, that was a prototype case and that you guys have tweaked it prior to serial production. It has happened before for other products, so maybe that's what you mean by "same" then ?

Viper Necklampy

Quite clearly from the photo, the D2 is not the same width as the D1.

Unless of course, that was a prototype case and that you guys have tweaked it prior to serial production. It has happened before for other products, so maybe that's what you mean by "same" then ?
Probably 'same' as 'almost the same'? xD

Mr. Olinad

I don't know if this is being discussed elsewhere, but Topping DX7 Pro is now available on Shenzhen Audio.
https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/...-dsd1024-wireless-decoder-headphone-amplifier
1569812062958.png

Top Bottom