• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Some help using REW required

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
Guys, I'am starting to use REW and the UMIK-1 and it is great fun.

I've measured few minutes ago an ultra low cost one speaker large range unit and I obtain something like that with REW. I was waiting for some catastrophic measurements but it is not so bad. Anyway I am really a newbie in this domain, so really would like to know your comments on the following graph:

Spirula Lab measurements.jpg

QMuse

Major Contributor
Guys, I'am starting to use REW and the UMIK-1 and it is great fun.

I've measured few minutes ago an ultra low cost one speaker large range unit and I obtain something like that with REW. I was waiting for some catastrophic measurements but it is not so bad. Anyway I am really a newbie in this domain, so really would like to know your comments on the following graph:

View attachment 65096

Is this a single sweep or MMM RTA? Of one or of both speakers playing?

I suggest you measure one speaker at a time using MMM RTA pink noise as shown here. Re-post your mesurements for left and right channel with 1/6 smoothing applied and with vertical scale of 5dB.

Judging by this your speakers should be able to provide decent FR once EQ-ed.

OP
R

renaudrenaud

Major Contributor
Is this a single sweep or MMM RTA? Of one or of both speakers playing?

I suggest you measure one speaker at a time using MMM RTA pink noise as shown here. Re-post your mesurements for left and right channel with 1/6 smoothing applied and with vertical scale of 5dB.

Judging by this your speakers should be able to provide decent FR once EQ-ed.

Thanks, go for lunch (Wife is calling me!) and I will try to understand and do as your recommandations. Thanks a lot!

Top Bottom