• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Some actually believe that music from different drive types (SSD,HDD) or different SATA cables can sound different

Read these with translation please, all from a fairly large "HIFI" form in China, I went there for some STAX headphone reviews but saw these along the way.

Mind blowing how people actually buy this sh*t. Common enough that some will believe things like Audioquest's overpriced $1,000 HDMI cable, but SATA cable? Hard drives? REALLY? Wonder what's next, Hi-Fi keyboard? Hi-Fi home lamp? Hi-Fi doorbell?

But of course, some are probably sellers of these BS cables or even manufacturers themselves.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Are these peeps serious? :facepalm:

"I just received a set of SATA custom cables ordered by Taobao. I think the improvement in sound quality is also obvious. Although only a dozen yuan, the improvement achieved is more than that of replacing the PC power cord with 1K."

"Repeatedly listening to the same song stored in the solid state drive and the warehouse disk (mechanical hard disk), the sound quality of the mechanical hard disk is better than that of the solid state disk, and it is better to listen to the music files in the warehouse disk in the future!"

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh they definitely believe it. I've heard of all of those ideas for more than 5 years.

Not just cable, and hard drives, but power supplies for hard drives. There are people who sell special neutered versions of Windows to eliminate most processing not related to audio and claim a better sound.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh they definitely believe it. I've heard of all of those ideas for more than 5 years.

Not just cable, and hard drives, but power supplies for hard drives. There are people who sell special neutered versions of Windows to eliminate most processing not related to audio and claim a better sound.
Wacky... :D

Reactions: JRS
OP
S
Are these peeps serious? :facepalm:

"I just received a set of SATA custom cables ordered by Taobao. I think the improvement in sound quality is also obvious. Although only a dozen yuan, the improvement achieved is more than that of replacing the PC power cord with 1K."

"Repeatedly listening to the same song stored in the solid state drive and the warehouse disk (mechanical hard disk), the sound quality of the mechanical hard disk is better than that of the solid state disk, and it is better to listen to the music files in the warehouse disk in the future!"
And what's more is that the founder of that forum commented below and supports that hard drives make a difference, saying things like "Theory of relativity was not proven until later, just like hard drive's contribution toward sound quality can be proved later"

Then I found out that he is a seller of audio gear himself, and among his stock, of course, some prestigious accessories.

:p

bigjacko

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just some crazy people...... I don't engage into Chinese forums mostly because ASR already kept me busy hahaha:D. Does OP know any big objective forums in Chinese? What is the ratio of objective and subjective forum there?

OP
S
Just some crazy people...... I don't engage into Chinese forums mostly because ASR already kept me busy hahaha:D. Does OP know any big objective forums in Chinese? What is the ratio of objective and subjective forum there?
There is none, everything is kinda mixed. Have to say that few people care about measurement there especially when it comes to high-end stuff. Not many actually buy into the SATA cable BS but most members with $5k or more expensive systems are somewhat invested in power cables, USB cables and anti-vibration. With profits from pushing $70k digital streamers and $10k power cables, most forum moderators will do whatever the sponsors please.

bigjacko

There is none, everything is kinda mixed. Have to say that few people care about measurement there especially when it comes to high-end stuff. Not many actually buy into the SATA cable BS but most members with $5k or more expensive systems are somewhat invested in power cables, USB cables and anti-vibration. With profits from pushing $70k digital streamers and $10k power cables, most forum moderators will do whatever the sponsors please.
Hughhhh... tough place for objective and science.o_O

JustAnandaDourEyedDude

The Earth is indeed flat, if you process your raw measurements taking Pi to be exactly 22/7. Some people will go to the ends of the Earth to fit the facts to their beliefs.

The idea of the Sun ever rising in the west remains risible, though.

Reactions: JRS

frogmeat69

Forum Donor
"Some actually believe"... LOL.

Some actually beleive that the earth is flat and lizard aliens control us...
sleestak.jpg

You talkin' to me?

Top Bottom