• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Solid State amplifier specifications...

SEKLEM

This is for a Niles SI-275 system integration amplifier. I've asked about this amplifier before, to try to gauge interest of the collective here. On paper it seems superior to the B&K 125.2 in many ways, which I also own. The Niles runs cool to the touch, never even warm. The B&K gets very warm to hot.

Design Principle

linear voltage/current amplification.

Continuous Average Power Output

75 watts per channel RMS at 8 ohms, both channels driven

120 watts per channel RMS at 4 ohms, both channels driven

Input Impedance

Approximately 15K ohms

Input Sensitivity

.920V for 8 ohm rated power

.810V for 4 ohm rated power

Overall Voltage Gain

28.5 db

Frequency Response

bandwidth from 10 hz to 70 khz (-1 db)

Signal to Noise Ratio

> 115 db, A-weighted

Total Harmonic Distortion

8 ohms

.02% thd from 20 hz to 10 khz @ full rated power

4 ohms

.02% thd from 20 hz to 10 khz @ full rated power

OP
SEKLEM

SEKLEM

There is not enough info on the Niles to know how it is designed. It could be using a switching power supply to keep efficiency high, and or a class-d amp.

It’s class a/b, linear supply. I know that doesn’t give you much more information.

8A09E86E-68CA-4F29-A4DB-934DAAAC6A2B.jpeg

Niles does have a new line of class D amplifiers, which I’m curious about. I’ve read they are a bit noisy, which is disappointing, and not indicative of a carefully integrated product. Considering it’s intended function it’s not surprising, but as with most custom installation equipment, new prices are quite high when one considers performance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom