• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SOLD RME ADI-2 DAC - NIB

suttondesign

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hi all,
Once I saw from the review page how excellent the RME ADI-2 DAC is, and what a good value, I decided to pick up the line. I deal a few lines through nice-cans.com. Since I had to order two units to get up and running, if someone wants one for a good price, let me know. It will come receipted from an authorized dealer (Nice Cans), so fully mfr. warranted and so forth. I plan to use one as my reference unit if it sounds as good as it measures. The top headphones these days are sufficiently revealing that crummy DACs and amps don't cut it -- what a luxury compared to when I was a kid spinning vinyl! I like the Benchmark products a lot, and I deal in them, but they are pricey, and I find that headphone buyers often reject them on looks alone -- because they're more like technical devices (compare: Chord). Anyhoo, reach out to me if you're interested. I really like this web site; I hope manufacturers will take note that poorly-engineered, poorly-made DACs are going to be scrutinized.

digititus

You signed up here just to sell an 'extra' DAC? Do you accept Western Union? Can you ship to Nigeria?

OP
S

suttondesign

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Just so ya'll know, I set up a by-appointment dealership a few years back because it became impossible in Austin for anyone to audition high-end headphones -- the market doesn't support a brick-and-mortar dealer. I had already had a design/build firm for many years and was able to deal in various lines because big gut renovation jobs usually involved new A/V and whole-house systems. I practice law full-time; the business is a fun sideline that lets me meet headphone and gear nuts like me and get people into good equipment. Audeze has been extremely accommodating, as have some of the better, small electronics manufacturers. I never could crack Sennheiser, which demanded a fancy brick-and-mortar front.

The market has, since I started up the side gig, fragmented such that it became impossible for me to carry enough lines for people to comparison shop. And innovators like Mr. Speakers were at first direct-only, though I think they recently branched out to smaller regional dealers. It is, however, very difficult for any one dealer to carry enough stock for buyers to compare the many excellent products out there. Most direct sellers have generous return policies, fortunately. The market has gotten flooded with inexpensive DACs and amps, and the margins are very low.

digititus

Just so ya'll know, I set up a by-appointment dealership a few years back because it became impossible in Austin for anyone to audition high-end headphones -- the market doesn't support a brick-and-mortar dealer. I had already had a design/build firm for many years and was able to deal in various lines because big gut renovation jobs usually involved new A/V and whole-house systems. I practice law full-time; the business is a fun sideline that lets me meet headphone and gear nuts like me and get people into good equipment. Audeze has been extremely accommodating, as have some of the better, small electronics manufacturers. I never could crack Sennheiser, which demanded a fancy brick-and-mortar front.

The market has, since I started up the side gig, fragmented such that it became impossible for me to carry enough lines for people to comparison shop. And innovators like Mr. Speakers were at first direct-only, though I think they recently branched out to smaller regional dealers. It is, however, very difficult for any one dealer to carry enough stock for buyers to compare the many excellent products out there. Most direct sellers have generous return policies, fortunately. The market has gotten flooded with inexpensive DACs and amps, and the margins are very low.

Thanks for the introduction. Gaining trust is essential for any online transactions in enthusiast communities. First impressions are importantant, so maybe not making your first post a "for sale" would make a better impression ;) I wish you luck.

Top Bottom