• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SOLD!!!: Revel Ultima2 Studios, pair (Mahogany) $6000. (Reposted due to earlier failed transaction)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
In your review on stereophile, you mentioned that at times you could not pick the difference between the Blade's and the Studio2's.
Primarily, that was only when listened to them at close distance, not at the normal listening position. Also, I could not initially detect which was playing when turning on the system from cold but, after a several minutes of listening, I was easily able to determine which was playing.

I think people make too many unwarranted and exaggerated statements about differences among similarly high quality devices. They are both excellent speakers.

Descartes

Major Contributor
Primarily, that was only when listened to them at close distance, not at the normal listening position. Also, I could not initially detect which was playing when turning on the system from cold but, after a several minutes of listening, I was easily able to determine which was playing.

I think people make too many unwarranted and exaggerated statements about differences among similarly high quality devices. They are both excellent speakers.
Do you have three in the front?

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Indeed.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Here’s something I found on Atlantis Sound. They were pretty big. I only remember the two New York stores: 3rd between 79 & 80, and 45th street (near 7th?). I worked a bit at both.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...rganize/603520be-293e-477f-8f0b-ccf150dec9ea/

I was told by former colleagues that my manager, a fellow named Joey (I’ll leave his last name out because of what comes next) backed a truck up to the place and took everything. Joey casually took stuff off the shelves all the time and had a ridiculous temper, so I believed it.

Brands I remember: Phillips, Ultralinear, Sherwood, Onkyo, Dual, BIC, Acoustic Research, Phase Linear.

OP
Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Here’s something I found on Atlantis Sound. They were pretty big. I only remember the two New York stores: 3rd between 79 & 80, and 45th street (near 7th?). I worked a bit at both.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...rganize/603520be-293e-477f-8f0b-ccf150dec9ea/

I was told by former colleagues that my manager, a fellow named Joey (I’ll leave his last name out because of what comes next) backed a truck up to the place and took everything. Joey casually took stuff off the shelves all the time and had a ridiculous temper, so I believed it.
Interesting. Still feel strange that I cannot recall them.
Brands I remember: Phillips, Ultralinear, Sherwood, Onkyo, Dual, BIC, Acoustic Research, Phase Linear.
Mebbe this is why.:rolleyes:

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Interesting. Still feel strange that I cannot recall them.

Mebbe this is why.:rolleyes:
Heh. Only thing I kept out of that time was a pair of ARs I got on salesman’s comp.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
SOLD - SOLD - SOLD
Happy to say they are finally gone to a new home!
Congrats!
Should you put 'SOLD' in the title of the post?
I don't even know how (title revision may not be encouraged at ASR) but others have added that word after sale.
It did become an interesting dialogue! imo;)

OP
Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Should you put 'SOLD' in the title of the post?
I don't even know how (title revision may not be encouraged at ASR) but others have added that word after sale.
It is not apparent to me how one does that even though it seems that I have done it in the past.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It is not apparent to me how one does that even though it seems that I have done it in the past.
On the top right of your 1st post the poster should see a button with three dots. It hides the edit thread option, which changes the thread name, which is the 1st post title.

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom