• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SOLD!!!: Revel Ultima2 Studios, pair (Mahogany) $6000. (Reposted due to earlier failed transaction)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kishore

You can use uship to transport these- it depends on location of destination and timing though. Yeah I think Ultima2 series are still a step up over Be- 328Be +subs may come close to Salon2 though.

OP
Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
You can use uship to transport these- it depends on location of destination and timing though. Yeah I think Ultima2 series are still a step up over Be- 328Be +subs may come close to Salon2 though.
Someone else can, perhaps. I am not taking any responsibility for shipping other than having them boxed up and ready for pick-up.

Stephen

Hi Kal, what is your Zip code? (transport calculation...) Thanks!

prerich

kmidst

I just recently bought almost the whole set of the Performa3 line, otherwise I might actually consider these. Their quality would probably be lost on me though, I'm a relative newbie to the hi-fi scene. Well someone will get an incredible deal.

ahofer

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Add me to the list of people “just across the park”. 10023. I grew up around the corner from where Kal lives and worked at a stereo shop across the street from his building (in 1978).

Kachda

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Add me to the list of people “just across the park”. 10023. I grew up around the corner from where Kal lives and worked at a stereo shop across the street from his building (in 1978).
Hi neighbor (same zipcode)

ahofer

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
We should start a NYC sub-forum.

OP
Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Can you tell me more about the stereo shop across the street?
We should start a NYC sub-forum.
Why not?

ahofer

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Atlantis Sound. We discussed it here:

Post in thread 'End of an era - Lyric Hi-FI closing after 60+ years'
https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...-fi-closing-after-60-years.30838/post-1087158
Ah, yes. Seems strange to me now that I did not know about this place because I've been interested in "HiFi" since the late '50s and lived/worked in NYC all my life (except for a brief hiatus in PR). I can recall other shops that have come and gone and remember lots of experiences on Cortlandt and surrounding streets in my youth.
(FWIW, my kids say the bike shop is the best in the area.)
Re NY sub-forum-I’d love to hear other systems in NYC, maybe even do some blind testing.
Yeah. We can apply the blindfold in the elevator. :)

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor

DubbyMcDubs

Hi Kal,

Congratulations on the new KEF's!

In your review on stereophile, you mentioned that at times you could not pick the difference between the Blade's and the Studio2's. So what was it that made you ultimately decide to sell the Revel's and grab the KEF's?

I picked up my new set of Studio2's in piano black today. Luckily I managed to grab the last remaining set available in Australia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom