• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sold: Revel Salon2 (Mahogany) - New York City Area (Local Pickup)

echopraxia

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Currently downsized into an apartment (and will probably be moving around a bit for a few years before settling back into a house), so am selling these for logistical reasons (and will later in life buy Revel's latest flagship towers, whenever that time comes).

They're in great shape, no damage or imperfections as far as I know, cosmetic or otherwise. Pricing for these is difficult since there probably aren't that many that get sold, but for now I'll start pricing at $11k or best offer (since I've seen a few go for $1-2k more than that on other boards). Please feel free to make any offer, though.

I still have all the original packaging (foam, tweeter covers, etc.), but have discarded the flimsy outer carboard boxes since after a few moves the cardboard was not in good shape. Fortunately, the original packing foam is very generous, secure, and well-designed -- so moving shouldn't be too much of an issue via a moving company or even manually if you want (I will help you move them into your truck and load them up securely there if so).

1623265482788.png
1623265514178.png
1623265589491.png
1623265523650.png
1623265557984.png
1623265602366.png
1623265619933.png
1623265612770.png
1623265639403.png

Last edited:

blueone

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last I checked (a few years ago), you can also order new packaging from Harman.

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Just added!
They sure are glorious looking. I can picture them in my new trailer I will be living in when I tell the wife how much I paid for them! :cool:

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They sure are glorious looking. I can picture them in my new trailer I will be living in when I tell the wife how much I paid for them! :cool:
At least you would be happy.

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just not apartment speakers are they? Hope you find them a nice home!

Best wishes,

Rick

OP
E

echopraxia

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just not apartment speakers are they? Hope you find them a nice home!

Best wishes,

Rick
They actually work surprisingly well, and would be great permanent condo speaker. Especially with boundary reinforcement, their bass power is quite impressive in a medium sized space, so the lack of any need for subwoofers actually makes them quite floor-space-efficient.

The main reason I am selling isn't even the limited space, but because I just dread having to move them potentially 1-2 more times, which is likely if I don't sell them since my wife and I (who are currently both working from home) are planning to try living in a few cities before deciding more permanently on a home location.

1623268205946.png

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Guess I have to move to New York now.

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Guess I have to move to New York now.
Don't do it! There are much better places to move to. :p

Ask me how I know.

OP
E

echopraxia

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't do it! There are much better places to move to. :p

Ask me how I know.
We are moving around trying different places (while working from home, might as well take advantage of the opportunity). Now definitely does not seem to be NYC’s at its prime... I don’t think this will be our last stop :) Which is why even more so, it’ll be good if I sell these so they don’t have to be in tow over future moves, until wherever we finally settle.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
We are moving around trying different places (while working from home, might as well take advantage of the opportunity). Now definitely does not seem to be NYC’s at its prime... I don’t think this will be our last stop :) Which is why even more so, it’ll be good if I sell these so they don’t have to be in tow over future moves, until wherever we finally settle.
FWIW, the F328Be speakers come in transit cases. :rolleyes:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Kachda

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Please don’t sell them before we do a blind test at your house against the genelecs , I’ll bring the whiskey :)

Top Bottom