• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sold, Pioneer RT707 Reel to Reel Record/Playback Deck

Jim Shaw

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
For sale Sold to a delighted buyer, as is, where is, Pioneer RT707 7" R2R record/playback deck. Probably ~40 years old. Almost like new condition except the tape footage counter needs a new belt. The original owner sold it to me. He said he only played two prerecorded tapes a few times. I have used it a couple of hours. I had a former broadcast engineer test it, clean and demag the heads, and replace one pinch roller. Records, plays 4 track stereo in quite high quality at 7-1/2 or 3-3/4 ips. Auto reverse playback. Speed is steady, fast forward and rewind, start/stop don't spill any tape; brakes work fine. Switchable bias and EQ for two types of tape. 1/4" mic and RCA line in, RCA line out. Lighted VU meters and headphone output. Output switchable line or play monitoring. Never rack mounted. Almost blemish-free panel. Includes 1 1200' tape and plastic
takeup reel.
iu

Generic description here: https://reel-reel.com/tape-recorder/pioneer-rt-707/

Pickup only as it's 45 lbs and fragile to ship. Northeastern Ohio USA (near Cleveland & Akron). Cash only, twenty dollar bills. Price: $500 not negotiable. No trades.

Last edited:
Top Bottom