• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SOLD: JDS Labs Atom & Topping D50s stack

Mumstead

20191125_233743865_iOS.jpg
20191125_233724466_iOS.jpg
20191125_233759168_iOS.jpg

I'm selling my two month old Atom/D50s stack because I just got the Element II. Everythig is in absolutely like new condition with all packaging, cables, paperwork, and accessories included. I am also including the 6" connector cables pictured. I just got these cables a couple days ago from JDS Labs and they cost about $18 shipped. I will also include a nice looking braided USB cable with aluminum plug ends. It's not a fancy audiophile cable but it does look like one ;-) I'm asking $300 and I'll pay for shipping and PayPal fees. Shipping to the continental US only please.

raif71

Major Contributor
Congrats on your Element II. No doubt the combo sounds great but how does the Element II sound if you don't mind me asking? Thanks

OP
M

Mumstead

The Element II sounds great. Honestly, it is indistinguishable from the Atom/D50s combo. It is essentially the the same amp as the Atom paired with a transparent DAC in a nice looking package. I wasn't expecting it to sound any different or better. I just wanted a (very subjectively) nicer looking all in one on my desk instead of a stack.

Celty

I think this has to be the best "bang for the buck" amp / DAC combo out there right now. I would definitely be interested if I had not just gone a different direction.

Last edited:
OP
M

Mumstead

I think this has to be the best "bang for the buck" amp / DAC combo out there right now. I would definitely be interested if I had not not just gone a different direction.

Agreed. I am absolutely amazed how good the Atom is. I never thought that a $99 amp could be an end game amp for my HD800S.

marcom22

The Element II sounds great. Honestly, it is indistinguishable from the Atom/D50s combo. It is essentially the the same amp as the Atom paired with a transparent DAC in a nice looking package. I wasn't expecting it to sound any different or better. I just wanted a (very subjectively) nicer looking all in one on my desk instead of a stack.

A great combo Mumstead BUT the Element II doesn't support DSD and now for me the DSD codification is a must-be for every DAC (my opinion I repeat).

Top Bottom