• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[Sold] [EU] Apollon NC800SL (Dual Hypex NC500)

Bixet

Hi!

I’m selling this outstanding power amplifier Apollon NC800SL, bought on HeadFi earlier this year.
I will copy here most of the description of the original owner as it's still in the same great condition:

Bought originally in January 2019. Built around two Hypex NC500 modules, true dual mono design, with custom input buffers and Sonic Imagery SI990 Pro opamps. I also include 4 sparkos SS2590 Pro opamps.
Only the lower binding posts are actually available, an electrical engineer modified it so the other stereo parallel outputs go to a 4 pin XLR out, so it can directly used with hard to drive, low sensitivity headphones, the modification was done with JPS cables. The performance with headphones is absolutely outstanding, one of the very best I've heard. One small part of the back plate is very slightly taken off (it can be seen in one of the pictures), due to the perforation needed for the headphone output modification. The amp new with VAT sells for over 2400€.

10406923.jpg

10406924.jpg

10406925.jpg

10406926.jpg

10406927.jpg

Selling the amp at 1100 => sold! I change my setup to switch to an integrated amp.

I can add:
- short (50cm) pair of XLR interconnect with Neutrik connectors and Neotech cable for an additional 40e
- a RME ADI2 DAC (version 1), in perfect condition, for another 800e (not for sale separately). A great matching DAC/Preamp for the Apollon.

Cheers

Charles

Last edited:
OP
Bixet

Bixet

Thanks, I wish you were in Europe :p

OP
Bixet

Bixet

Several pm but still available. I'm located in France if you want to check the shipping costs.

Top Bottom