• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SOLD: Ariel 5r transmission line speakers

bribur

Forum Donor
I built these about 20 years ago, they are MTM with dual transmission lines. They still work but have lost the bottom octave and need rebuilding. The VIfa drivers are no longer available so it's really a redesign. The two small boxes are the external x-overs. I'm hoping to find an experimenter in the Seattle area to take this on because it would be nice to see them live on. Finding drivers to fit will be a challenge, but the Satori 5" is the right diameter with a small gap. It might be fun to make them active. They also work as is with subs. Below is a link to the original build site, amazed that it's still there. This offer if for pick up only and they are heavy.
http://www.nutshellhifi.com/Ariel.html

20200726_111904.jpg

Attachments

• 1595786720660.png
    1595786720660.png
    160.9 KB · Views: 324

Eurasian

Forum Donor
I wish I wasn't on the east coast, as I would love to play with these!

Your woodworking and finishing skills look fantastic, too!

Hope you find a worthy new owner!

OP
B

bribur

Forum Donor
Thanks, wish you were closer! No takers. I may have to take myself up on my own offer. :p

Mexibeetle

I just traded a pair of JBL drivers for a pair of Ariel 5r. They sound pretty good. What is a pair worth on the market? Not much info comes up on a search

Top Bottom