• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Software EQ on Manjaro

O_maya_O

I recently switched to Manjaro after I got sick of windows. The only thing I havent properly figured out is the audio stack. I'm pretty sure Manjaro uses pulseaudio by default. I'm currently using Pulse Effects to eq and it's often clipping and some apps just bypass the eq (i dont mind this but they skip the pre amp too). Less importantly I havent been able to get the sample rate and bit depth to change from the default 44.1/16 I have edited the client.conf file but it doesn't change anything even after a reboot.

Thank you

Last edited:

zoran-grbic

Hi,

I hope you have other valuable reasons to change instead of just being sick of Windows?

Personally, I use Ubuntu Studio which installs the correct stack according to your intended use: jack for "pro" use, pulseaudio for media consumption (cause Firefox isn't compatible with jack).

Problem with pulseaudio is that it either works or it doesn't. A mess in any case. I went with pipewire. I wanted to keep the last bits of hair I still have.

This might help you further: https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxmasterrace/comments/s0tuld/_/hs43k9l

OP
O

O_maya_O

Hi,

I hope you have other valuable reasons to change instead of just being sick of Windows?

Personally, I use Ubuntu Studio which installs the correct stack according to your intended use: jack for "pro" use, pulseaudio for media consumption (cause Firefox isn't compatible with jack).

Problem with pulseaudio is that it either works or it doesn't. A mess in any case. I went with pipewire. I wanted to keep the last bits of hair I still have.

This might help you further: https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxmasterrace/comments/s0tuld/_/hs43k9l
Yeah I did have plenty other reasons. Windows was really unstable, slow (i7 8750h) and drew a lot of power (hence the fans were loud). Also, I was planning on switch to some linux distro whenever I got a desktop to not have to use a remote server/ virtual machine for code compilation for university stuff and development.
Since I made this post I did a little more research on the arch wiki and switched to pipewire and it seems to be working fine.
Thank you for responding

Top Bottom