• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

So, which center should I get???

OP
D

Danskir

Thanks for all the insight and information. I’m going to start out with the r3’s and add a center later on… probably one of the very low profile ones. I appreciated the help.

mj30250

Again. Have a look at the spinorama database to which I posted the link above and repost again here:

A very quick and dirty look shows:
The Ascend Center is pretty bad.
The Ascend bookshelf’s are not bad at all, but the KEF R3 are even a tad better and cheaper.
The Duo on the spinorama site isn't the V2, FYI, it's the original.

The V2 is certainly better by way of a new crossover and internal damping, but it's still a pretty tiny MTM designed to fit into confined spaces and against a wall. There are obviously better, larger options. But in its size class I haven't seen anything that would clearly offer an improvement.

Last edited:

SMG

I would look for a used Paradigm Millenia 20, which is less than 5 inches tall, less than 7 inches deep, and less than 27 inches wide. The body is black extruded metal, probably aluminum.

OP
D

Danskir

Hi All. I received the R3’s… very happy with them. Not missing the center at all. Sounds amazing. So much better than my old klipsch rf52 ii setup even with the matching center. Thanks so much for the guidance. You were all very helpful.

cavedriver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
KEF R3's? Maybe a KEF LS/50 as a center - they fit your dimensions and voicing should match up with the R3's ok, especially the LS/50 meta's, although they are slightly above your budget even if you can get a hold of just one. Might consider the used market.

Top Bottom