• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

So sick of all the bickering - so I did something about it

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
How many arguments can we have that just go around and around in circles. ASR is hated on HiFi Heaven, HiFi Heaven is hated on ASR, Audioholics is being harassed by Synergistics, and cable arguments that go on and on and on.

I decided NOT to create more acrimony, but I decided to bring unity to both camps. There is no doubt that @amirm , @Gene DellaSala , Michael Fremer, and Steve Guttenberg, @Mike Morrow will all agree. Yes this is a tweak, but it is based purely on science. I was going to take this to my grave, but I felt the need to unite today, so I am sharing this with all.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
1620094363414.png

Last edited:

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
How many arguments can we have that just go around and around in circles. ASR is hated on HiFi Heaven, HiFi Heaven is hated on ASR, Audioholics is being harassed by Synergistics, and cable arguments that go on and on and on.

I decided NOT to create more acrimony, but I decided to bring unity to both camps. There is no doubt that @amirm , @Gene DellaSala , Michael Fremer, and Steve Guttenberg, @Mike Morrow will all agree. Yes this is a tweak, but it is based purely on science. I was going to take this to my grave, but I felt the need to unite today, so I am sharing this with all.

But... what power cord should I use with the air purifier? And did you try a different fuse? You're not going to get the best clarity if you don't replace the power supply with an LPS. And did you do anything about jitter in the fan rotor? That needs to be addressed, too. Say what you want, but there's still a lot of room for improvement!

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I feel like some members may not have the strongest background in science.

I will take this opportunity to thank competent teachers and professors over the years.

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Certain gases do transmit mid-range female vocals with mor richness and blacker backgrounds. A mix of methane and 100% organic aromatics create this improvement, far better than any cockamamie air purifier.

Rick “whose chili recipe is particularly effective” Denney

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You aren't fooling me. You didn't mention the dog in the background.

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Haha! Loved it. No doubt many will think you're serious.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
There is also what I might call euphonic air. It isn't pure, but the impurities make it better than pure air. Certain plants, especially if being grown hydroponically in the listening area (and no I'm not talking about marijuana(and know I'm not excluding marijuana)) release phytochemicals. These plants while also filtering and removing some contaminants from the air are releasing phytochemcials into the listening room. These phytochemicals can combat mold, fungi, bacteria and viruses. They will keep the listener healthier than if he/she only lives in pure hepa filtered air. I could only surmise they'll sound more musical than pure filtered air, and such will be the health of the listener his/her mood will be improved vs pure filtered air. These most obviously will combat 'sterile', 'hi-fi' sound from analytical systems.

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There is also what I might call euphonic air. It isn't pure, but the impurities make it better than pure air. Certain plants, especially if being grown hydroponically in the listening area (and no I'm not talking about marijuana(and know I'm not excluding marijuana)) release phytochemicals. These plants while also filtering and removing some contaminants from the air are releasing phytochemcials into the listening room. These phytochemicals can combat mold, fungi, bacteria and viruses. They will keep the listener healthier than if he/she only lives in pure hepa filtered air. I could only surmise they'll sound more musical than pure filtered air, and such will be the health of the listener his/her mood will be improved vs pure filtered air. These most obviously will combat 'sterile', 'hi-fi' sound from analytical systems.

Hey, I got there first.

Rick “though was actually describing ‘euphonic’ air” Denney

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Does the air purifier need its own mains group so the air particals captured do not polute the mains ?
Isn't placement crucial for balanced sound ? When it is closer to one speaker it might create imbalance.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
What needs to happen when the box is full ?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
It's like a cat box you scoop the impurities out and recycle.

Perhaps that what came out of catlitter boxes can be recycled to cable lifters ?
The impurties are made pure again using a purification process ?
When purified again they can possibly be used to improve 'air' around instruments.

Top Bottom