• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

So, it looks Tom Brady is going to complete the job, once again ...

Krusty09

Forum Donor
No. He is not. The game he plays along with his coach is boring. It's the same over the middle passing for 5 or 10 yards. I would not say he is the best of all time and when you say that I hope u mean best QB. not really the best NFL player. As you can probably tell he and his team leave a bad taste in my mouth. Did anyone check his balls? His coach I would say and I hate to is probably the best and without him I do not believe he would have as much suscess.

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I hope Patriots win so Brady retires. I am bored of the same old and would prefer some fresh talent.

OP
graz_lag

graz_lag

Major Contributor
Yeah, here in the old Europe we equal the QB as the most critical player in a team, so any best of all time is to find among the best QBs ... Sorry for that ...
However, the 2 yesterday' games were the best viewing experience than any other NFL match I have watched over the past months, or the season entirely.

rebbiputzmaker

Major Contributor
Yeah, here in the old Europe we equal the QB as the most critical player in a team, so any best of all time is to find among the best QBs ... Sorry for that ...
However, the 2 yesterday' games were the best viewing experience than any other NFL match I have watched over the past months, or the season entirely.

Yes they both were very entertaining games. It is a shame the first game was tainted by a bad officiating call near the end.

Brady is a great quarterback, bill belichick is one of the best coaches ever. The game has changed a lot and passing is now most of the game so the quarterback makes a major difference even more so than years ago.

OP
graz_lag

graz_lag

Major Contributor
Yes they both were very entertaining games. It is a shame the first game was tainted by a bad officiating call near the end ...

It is time for the NFL to get a serious VAR system as we have here for our football (soccer, sorry ...) matches, perhaps @amirm can write the specs for it ...
VAR to be read as Video Assistant Referee not as Video Audio Review ... :p

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
photo_2019-01-21_15-35-49.jpg

hvbias

Addicted to Fun and Learning
No. He is not. The game he plays along with his coach is boring. It's the same over the middle passing for 5 or 10 yards. I would not say he is the best of all time and when you say that I hope u mean best QB. not really the best NFL player. As you can probably tell he and his team leave a bad taste in my mouth. Did anyone check his balls? His coach I would say and I hate to is probably the best and without him I do not believe he would have as much suscess.

Hilarious, and this sort of thing posted by people that have a superficial knowledge of football at best. Brady threw long bombs all day when he actually had a HOF WR in Randy Moss, since then he mostly has the cutting floor WRs with whoever BB is happy to turn into successes with what they are capable with their skill set. He has had some very good WRs since then but usually for very short times where he doesn't develop a rapport with them. A couple of head coaches that have lost their job have jokingly said they'd still be coaching if they had Brady.

This is not even saying how he pretty much did exactly the same thing he does with the Pats when he was at Michigan. Yes I watched those games.

I have no issue with hating Tom, Bill or the Pats. But lets not create alternative fantasies that he isn't the greatest player of all time.

Last edited:
OP
graz_lag

graz_lag

Major Contributor
In Europe we do not know the sport as well as you of course, if I were picking a QB purely on talent then I would choose Montana over Brady.
However, any discussion abt. the "greatest of all time" is to include factors like overall numbers, leadership, longevity and, last but not least, trophies won.
Once you factor all that in, Brady comes out in front by a country kilometer (sorry ... mile. ;))

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
My favorite QB of all time was Johnny Unitas when you called your own plays. But the game has
changed much since then.

I was lucky enough to grow up watching him play. For many years, I had a sidelines pass so I could really see him in action off the field as well. My favorite Unitas story was in his later days, after a touchdown reception. Unitas, as usual for him, calmly trotted off the field. The young receiver was hotdogging and dancing all the way to the sidelines. Unitas approached him and quietly said, "Kid, try acting like you've been there before."

They don't make 'em like Johnny any more.

Top Bottom