• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

So I stopped in at a recycling centre while out for a drive...

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
All very true but the fact is that SOMEONE wins every week or whatever. I get suckered in about twice a year when the pot gets so high I can't resist.
The problem with all gambling, but specially the goverment sponsered numbers games, is the people that particiapte the most are the ones who can afford it the least.
I keep telling myself I should take a punt when the pot is a big one but haven't yet.
I didn't even gamble a quarter in the $1 million machine on my 3 visits to Las Vegas (twice for the Grand Prix, once when it was our destination airport for a family road holiday), I had surprise invitations to a party from several girls I didn't know though.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Buy a cup of coffee and get a mild buzz. Buy a lottery ticket and get an extended suspense buzz. I make coffee at home and buy a very occasional lottery ticket. No gambling habituation, here, thankfully - just a mild indulgence. :eek:

Wombat

Master Contributor
Ha ha , that's quite some exciting finds . Every town here has a council run tip, you would be in hog heaven.

Was the Mrs as delighted with your finds ? Planning another visit already?

So you were never Thomas SALVAGE, then? :facepalm:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Buy a cup of coffee and get a mild buzz. Buy a lottery ticket and get an extended suspense buzz. I make coffee at home and buy a very occasional lottery ticket. No gambling habituation, here, thankfully - just a mild indulgence. :eek:
You know coffee is a gateway drug.

First you gamble just a little.

Then you'll smoke a cigarette or two.

Then you'll drink beer.

Then you'll drink the hard stuff.

Then you'll smoke the hard stuff.

Next thing you know, you are on the streets hustling for money to buy a lottery ticket.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
A tax on the poor.

I only enter as part of work syndicates, don't want to be the only one left who didn't win!
I did that too. Was a 24/7 can never shut down facility. At one time out of 27 employees, 26 were in on the group lottery buys. It was worth the small cost to just imagine if we were to win. The one employee not in was a janitor. (We actually had agreed to share with him if we hit big one day). So our dream was to win a big one, big enough we all could quit that day. Call the department head up and tell him, "we just hit the lotto, we all quit, except the janitor. You might want to send someone out right away. Good bye and good luck!"

Wombat

Master Contributor
You know coffee is a gateway drug.

First you gamble just a little.

Then you'll smoke a cigarette or two.

Then you'll drink beer.

Then you'll drink the hard stuff.

Then you'll smoke the hard stuff.

Next thing you know, you are on the streets hustling for money to buy a lottery ticket.

Sounds like marriage. o_O

Top Bottom