• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

So happy to have found ASR

Webninja

Forum Donor
I'm not sure I'm an audiophile per say, but I know I love gear and music. I'm a bit of a skeptic by nature, so although I enjoy reading reviews in the mags, I'm more and more turned off by excessive adjectives and everything always being the best. Going from one extreme to the other, many forums are filled with too much vitriol. ASR has lively debates, but so far everything I'm reading is kept on a rational level, and then there is all this great data and measurements!

Anyway, I'm happy to be here and will continue to read and learn.

Desktop System
Amarra4/Tidal
Adam F5 monitors
Schiit Lyr2/Bifrost

Stereo System
Larsen 6.2
MusicHall 5.1 -> Yaqin MS-23B
Denon AVR (need to replace, maybe NCore, not sure yet)

Theater System
Marantz SR6011
Def Tech 8060 5.1 surround (need to replace)

-Dave

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Hi Dave, I feel similarly. I enjoy debate and discussion, but much prefer to keep things rational and evidence-based. You'll enjoy it, I predict.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Welcome to a more sane(mostly) audio forum. :p

OP
Webninja

Webninja

Forum Donor
The bad part is, I now want to upgrade my desktop system. After the excellent review of the Topping DX7s, I think I will save money and sell my Schiit and try out the topping with my HD 6XX. Looking forward to the review of the Node 2i, which looks very tempting for $500.

Top Bottom