• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

So -- any knowledge of "Space-Tech Laboratory" in Canada?

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
This came up Someplace Else, specifically in the context of their DACs. Like a moth to a flame ;) I was drawn to peek at their website -- and I suffered a severe and profound neurological short-circuit. Bzzzzzzzzt.

Do any of you know anything about this company or have any experience with their products? I looked at the DAC page and clicked around a little bit and couldn't glean much at all. And, as is often the case for us scientists, curiosity's getting the better of me*

http://www.thebestamp.com/DA_Converters_USB-DACs/DA-512DSD-1.php

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, they have a better web designer than here, so I for one am going all in!

In no way looks like some dude went on Container Wars and won a load of Shenzen rejects . From 1986.

OP
mhardy6647

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Thanks to someone with more moxie than I -- here's some expository prose :rolleyes: addressing the use of tubes in their top-line DAC.
With our powerful 8x TUBE up-sampling processing unit (much better than solid-state or FPGA up-sampling circuit, which can eliminate at least 1000 transistors, sound quality even better than most of vinyl analog playback ) in this DAC, regular CD quality 44.1Khz input can automatically up-sample to 352.8Khz, if use higher resolution files such as 96Khz or 192Khz, they will up-sample to 768Khz or 1,536Khz resolution. The process is carry by an array of tubes, which perform real-time update for every single sampling delay, a recursive infinite taps butterfly summing unit (originally used in neural networks, functionally equivalent to but with even better sonic performance than use million taps FPGA up-sampling filter processing) will adds up each mulitipliers result and feed to the next coefficient for next sample processing.

https://www.space-tech-lab.com/DA_Converters_USB-DACs/DA-DSD1024-X8 TUBE.php

Wombat

Master Contributor
The more exotic the company name, the more it demands caution, IMNSHO. o_O

AudioJester

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I actually owned one of their products about 10yrs ago.
I did buy into all that nonsense on the website at the time.
It didnt really sound that great and i was happy to sell it on......

Invalidtoday

Why does their feedback page on audiomart have only positive reviews, and the have been in business since 1997. You don't stay in business in high end audio very long selling stuff that doesn't sound very good.

Invalidtoday

Music itself is subjective, why shouldn't audio gear be. It's not like any of it sounds like real live unamplified music.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Music itself is subjective, why shouldn't audio gear be. It's not like any of it sounds like real live unamplified music.

Couse audio gear is technologie and not music. Audiogear should bring you a signal as good(original) as possibel. Audiogear is just like a deliver service, you not like that the deliver service changes the things it delivers.

Top Bottom