• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

So, ah, Amir... You going to test the upcoming Uptone Audiophile Data Switch?

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
https://www.computeraudiophile.com/...ns-thread/?page=5&tab=comments#comment-798379

Our switch will have one special "output" port (to go to the streamer/DAC), and that port will have a lot of expensive isolator chips (and high-quality clocking on that clean side--which also feeds back across the isolation moat to the switch chip) and crazy attention paid to power (lost track of how many voltage regs the whole thing has) and power plane domains

OP
Jinjuku

Jinjuku

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's going to be a 5 port switch with 4 dirty ports. So the marketing begins: Normal Ethernet ports are now 'dirty' after all these years. I wonder what companies producing AES67 and Ravenna based products have been doing all along.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe Amir should ask him if he will now consent to the blind test proof he hears all this? NAH, probably weasel out again.

rebbiputzmaker

Major Contributor
I predict that this Paul Pang switch will not be very successful. Reason? Too cheap .. In the eye of many audiophile $149 is entry-level mass Hi-Fi stuff.
This is not new, it has been available for several years. His relatively inexpensive USB cards are worthwhile IMO. Not every audiophile enjoys throwing $$ away, they just see value in the technology.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is not new, it has been available for several years. His relatively inexpensive USB cards are worthwhile IMO. Not every audiophile enjoys throwing $$ away, they just see value in the technology.
So this switch is in your opinion and to quote you a bit, "valuable technology"?

rebbiputzmaker

Major Contributor
So this switch is in your opinion and to quote you a bit, "valuable technology"?
Not my exact words, but a sense of what I was saying. Have not used "audiophile" switches and do not intend to go down that road. I do use switches with proper internal grounding though, not all cheap (home grade) switches do. I also use fiber for parts of my network. I also focus of providing clean power as a general principle. None of these things are cost prohibitive/wallet emptying, unless one makes them, and likes flushing money.

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods
Top Bottom