• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Snakeoil Co. - Kemp Elektroniks

Belgarathian

kach22i

They all look interesting to me although not convincing, but it's the obscene cost I object to.

Guess I'll just have to find a brass/bronze plate and experiment some with my center stage for that last one. In my experience having anything reflective in the center stage is determental, but absortive materials are welcome.

Very nice systems and room treatments in the gallery section, I've been looking at audio racks and this is goldmine.

https://highend-electronics.com/pages/highendnovum-pmr-family-photo-gallery

I ran into the below PDF last week while researching turntable platter materials, could be related?

Mechanical and Damping Properties of Silicon Bronze Alloys for Music Applications
Abstract. An alloy for musical instruments should have high enough strength, hardness, specific elastic properties and low damping capacity. The high tin bronze alloys with composition 20-22 wt.% Sn has good acoustical properties, which is capable of producing long-lasting slowly damping vibrations but there is brittle materials. Cracks and fracture may appear on these materials. The study on mechanical and acoustic characteristic becomes the primary consideration in determining the new material as a musical instrument.

The aim of this study is to investigate the effect of silicon fraction of Cu-(2.5-7.5) wt. % Si on mechanical and acoustical properties of bronze alloys for music instruments.........................

Last edited:

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I sincerely thought the thread was about Synergistics Research or Nordost or ... Transparent Cable or MIT Câbles or ...

There is a company out there selling $15,000 USB cable. For those who don’t know, there exist speaker cable costing over $ 50,000 for a 8-foot pair.

g29

Addicted to Fun and Learning
They have some very cool products way ahead of their time. I think the last product I saw from them were some sort of tachyon field generators. Who wouldn't want a couple of those ???

Zoomer

Not only a snakeoil vendor, but also a fraud, beware.
I tried out their USB Isolator, which didn't work, returned it and never got my money back.

Edit: typo

Last edited:

Yanibm1

The Maxiimus P16 that maximizes the natural energy in my home and "repolarises underground water lines and other geopathic disturbances" actually immensely improved the sound quality in my listening room. Even my wife commented on the obvious expanse in soundstage and separation. ;)

StevenEleven

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Not only a snakeoil vendor, but also a fraud, beware.
I tried out their ISB Isolator, which didn't work, returned it and never got my money back.

My default browser doesn't let me go to their website. Probably about all I need to know. ;)

egellings

Major Contributor
I like that gambit,"Even my wife could hear the difference from the kitchen!" or similar.

kach22i

They have some very cool products way ahead of their time. I think the last product I saw from them were some sort of tachyon field generators. Who wouldn't want a couple of those ???
I saw something like that at the website as I recall, something about aligning tachyons at the power panel?

Tachyon
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tachyon
A tachyon is any hypothetical particle that can travel faster than the speed of light. The term "tachyon" was coined by Gerald Feinberg in 1967.[1]
Most scientists do not believe that tachyons exist. Einstein's theory of special relativity states that nothing can accelerate faster than the speed of light, while tachyons are theorized to be constantly traveling faster than the speed of light. If a tachyon did exist, it would have an imaginary number as its mass.

In September 2011, it was reported that a tau neutrino had traveled faster than the speed of light in a major release by CERN; however, later updates from CERN on the OPERA project indicate that the faster-than-light readings were resultant from "a faulty element of the experiment's fibre optic timing system".[2]

In modern physics the term "tachyon" often refers to imaginary mass fields rather than to faster-than-light particles.[3][4] Such fields have come to play an important role in modern physics.

Never underestimate the power of the imagination - I suppose.

10 Einstein Quotes to Fire Up Your Creativity
https://www.inc.com/annabel-acton/10-einstein-quotes-to-fire-up-your-creativity.html
1. "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."

10. "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."

I think some of the Kemp products should have remained as hypothetical as the elements they contend to master.

That said, sometimes one has to just build something to see what it does, then come up with the explanation for why it does or does not work.

My problem here is that these are not just DIY experiments entertaining their inventor. However given that I have not experienced any of these product first hand it is unfair to dismiss them out of hand.

I mean, if someone came out with a square wheel I'd at least want to attempt to push it down the road rather than just laugh. Under the right circumstances and the right road, who knows, maybe it would work.

Square wheel
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square_wheel
A square wheel can roll smoothly if the ground consists of evenly shaped inverted catenaries of the right size and curvature.
Rolling-Square.gif

Last edited:

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
What does this video mean? I don't quite understand.

Take off from the original... Spoof...

The guy in the video was a voiceover talent for technical films, and he seldom understood what he was talking about, so he wrote up this spoof...

Pretty funny

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Newemind, they will be under water in a short while.

..pardon, bad type of humour.. as are most of their products/prices as well

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This just tells me I can put any collection of crap in a box, write some flowery prose about what it “does” and sell it for obscene amounts of money to fools, aka audiophiles. Isn’t this just con men preying on the weak minded? Why are they not in prison? This is absolutely no different than any number of schemes featured on American Greed. What makes this legal? I’d truly like to know...

Martin

Reactions: Tks
Top Bottom