• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Snake Oil Department, Top This

Pjetrof

I think I have you all beat: Speaker cable $26,000

My local stereo shop sells it also.

This is an heirloom quality cable with a noise floor so low that goose bumps, tears and magical moments from the past come alive.

https://analysis.plus/product/gold-oval-speaker-cables/

https://federalstereo.com/shop/ols/products/analysis-plus-purple-plus-usb-a-type-to-b-type-10m
Indeed in times as these, times as these have always been around, people kids dying from hunger!
while people buying those expensive cabel, who is to blame, the person that sells it? The person who buys it? The factory?.
the sometimes over the top paid sportsman, managers etc etc who don't know what to do with their money anymore

egellings

Major Contributor
My boa has a connector on only one end, alas! Can't listen through him.

Stereolab42

This caught my eye on Audiogon:

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/l...-pro-elite-rca-interconnects-3m-interconnects

"High Fidelity Cables Pro Elite RCA Interconnects 3M"

Screenshot (31).png

The retail price is apparently $69k (hmm, makes you wonder), but you can have this one for only $27.6k, folks.

"In our other cable lines, the magnetic force is measured in pounds or even hundreds of pounds. The pro elite is measured in tons, in every cable we build. Yes, we do offer a SPDIF cable! it’s not a practical idea but we offered just in case. This cable delivers over 2.3 tons of energy magnetically!... There are those like us at High Fidelity Cables who absolutely have to have this cutting-edge breakthrough. It not only helps us to clearly prove that Magnets Make Music it determines that there is no end to that statement. MORE MAGNETS – MAKE MORE MUSIC."

I can almost picture a miniature Slim Pickens riding on this thing waving his cowboy hat...

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I can almost picture a miniature Slim Pickens riding on this thing waving his cowboy hat...
WOW, it looks like a rocket ship! You just know that configured like that they must speed up sound transfer either digital or analog.
These must go on my "gotta have" list. LOL

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Perhaps it isn't the most spectacular one, but my favourite one is Audioquest's claim that their ethernet cables are directional.

"Of course all AudioQuest Ethernet cables honor the directionality inherent in all analog and digital audio cables; arrows on the jackets indicate the direction (from source to destination) for the best audio performance."

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
What about when the electrons want to flow the other way? It is AC, after all.

And I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding of how electrons move current in conductive metals.

Rick "who thinks about velocity factor with RF frequencies orders of magnitude higher than audio" Denney

Rick, you and I both know that the average electron lies about everything. You have to look a long time to find an honest electron that will tell the truth. Snake oil people never understand this. Electrons are liars!

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
I've heard those big horns at a couple audio shows, I'm sure they wouldn't measure too well, but they put out an incredible wall of sound. Hard to explain but with the right material they had that "you are there" sense of presentation that I've only heard equaled a few times from other very large systems.

I still find as one of my favorite snake oi devices, the Synergistic Research ECT and GCT magic dots. Just place them around inside your gear for a unspeakable improvement. Like White Castle hamburgers you'll want to "buy them by the sack" since they're small. And only $150 each or 5 for $300!

ECT_Instructions_040714A.jpg

OK. I went to the Synergistic Research website and watched a few videos. I must admit, this guy has balls. Big Brass Balls. He showed off his listening room claiming they do Double Blind Testing. That room in no way is even remotely set up for DBT testing. Unless they reconfigure the entire set up and bring in gear that is in storage, there is no way. I wanted to find out how some of their stuff works. There is nothing on how it works on the website. He was making up words on his factory tour and throwing made up technical words at the audience to baffle them with BS. I have to say, it was so much pure BS that I found myself craving sanity. I will never do that again. My IQ was lowered by at least 4 or 5 points just on that one video. I am so glad I never look at this snake oil trash. My brain can't take it. Once again, it proves there is a sucker born every minute.

BluesDaddy

Forum Donor
I confess after a few seconds reading my jaw dropped and read with increasing incredulity and horror. I'm no scientist, but the BS in these examples is so deep and smelly the level of ignorance one must have to believe it must be astounding.

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Rick, you and I both know that the average electron lies about everything. You have to look a long time to find an honest electron that will tell the truth. Snake oil people never understand this. Electrons are liars!
Those damn electrons. You can't count on them to do anything but jump to the next atom that will accept them. No loyalty whatsoever.

Rick "ungrateful considering all we do for them" Denney

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Somafunk

Major Contributor
I see a turd dressed in glitter and repackaged to catch the eye and wallet of those that reject scientific principles in order to elevate themselves towards an elite subsection of audiophoolery.

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Or speaker stands - why do speaker manufacturers always come up with stands that is a match of the speaker price?/QUOTE]
Right, and then you get folks wanting to get "bookshelf" speakers instead of floor standers to "save money"

sq225917

Major Contributor
Hopefully they've sold none of them. I love their listen display redirecting an electronic beam with magnets, and then claiming its the same way they direct the signal, ignoring of course that it's exactly how a cathode Ray tube is meant to work and that there's no applicability whatsoever to signal flow in a continuous conductor.

The guy's obviously bat 5hit mental.

tomchr

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Audio Company
Forum Donor
"In our other cable lines, the magnetic force is measured in pounds or even hundreds of pounds. The pro elite is measured in tons, in every cable we build. Yes, we do offer a SPDIF cable! it’s not a practical idea but we offered just in case. This cable delivers over 2.3 tons of energy magnetically!...
Wow. Does it come with a warning label instructing you to not get the "cable" anywhere near your watch? Those magnets sound like they would tear the hands right off the watch.

Perhaps it isn't the most spectacular one, but my favourite one is Audioquest's claim that their ethernet cables are directional.
Heh. Yeah. Love that. Never mind that the data transfer happens both ways on the cable.

Tom

Top Bottom