• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Snake Oil Department, Top This

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Not that I am really as obsessive as it might seem ;) but looky at this ad from Dec. 1978!

View attachment 240442

1) They spiffed up the cosmetics!
2) They offer some testable claims!

source: https://worldradiohistory.com/Archive-All-Audio/Archive-Audio/70s/Audio-1978-12.pdf

:)

PS I guess minimal signal loss vcoupled with up to a 2 dB gain might mean that we have to invoke imaginary numbers -- so maybe this is a phase-angle thing?!? ;)

That's a big 10-4 (in the patois of the time), good buddy!
You can even see the fangs. Heck, you could milk the venom from them suckas! :cool:
A straight wire with gain. The Dream, realized!

sq225917

Major Contributor
I think the French pipped the Americans to the post by a couple of years with the notion of audiophile cables. The name will come to me.

Ahmonge

Forum Donor
Install under carpeting? OMG!

“Elevate Your Musical Experience with the Best-Selling Cable Supports on the Market: Award-Winning Cable Elevators Improve Dynamics, Focus, Detail, and More”​

BCE6AA36-3982-4218-8A42-53296D27340D.jpeg

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Install under carpeting? OMG!

“Elevate Your Musical Experience with the Best-Selling Cable Supports on the Market: Award-Winning Cable Elevators Improve Dynamics, Focus, Detail, and More”​

View attachment 240454
They look like an outcast from a curling game.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Okay, smhardy-one; why don't you dig a bit deeper+harder (for us lazy-bones) and unearth the b*st*rd who introduced the 'skin-effect' potion for audio cables...:facepalm:

Freeway

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
"The CE Generators simply absorb bad energy and convert it to good energy, you will feel better and your stereo system will sound a lot better, with better imaging, detail, dynamics, and simply just sound a lot more realistic." from highend-electronics

View attachment 240514
They're only $150 each. I bought ten!

/Unbelievable new-age nonsense

Freeway

They're only $150 each. I bought ten!

/Unbelievable new-age nonsense

What no M1 fuses on the order?
This is just too humorous -
"
The Masterpiece M1 Fuses
Audio Magic has been hand-building upgrade fuses for about 10 years. The new M1 fuse really is his masterpiece. Filled with his proprietary Black Diamond concoction as well as Bees Wax, together with other materials Jerry has developed, there is definitely a buzz about the M1.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
bad energy... good energy. How does that relate to E = hν?
I mean, maybe... just perhaps... E, or h, or ν is actually a vector quantity (or maybe all three are), and they're not scalars like those scientists wanted us to believe?!? They're all in... somebody's... pocket, aren't they? Those scientists, I mean. Apple or MIT or... somebody's payin' 'em off. It all starts to make sense now...

Hmm... maybe I am exhibiting too much negative energy to understand this product?

:cool:

noiseangel

Chips used inside the USB2DA : DA Converters running in Dual Mono Mode. 2 x Burr Brown PCM1796 . The Dual-Mono Mode of the PCM 1796 Stereo-DA-Chips results in optimum (endless) channel sparation, improved dynamic jet stability and less than neglible noise. Better sounding DA-chips. Dynamic 126db Signal to Noise 126db

WTF is Dynamic Jet Stability?

Have we just been introduced to another snake oil term?

noiseangel

noiseangel

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
bad energy... good energy. How does that relate to E = hν?

Hmm... maybe I am exhibiting too much negative energy to understand this...:cool:
...E = hv thing and how it relates to audio.
Bad E has a negative sign in front of it and the good kind has a positive sign.
I don't need Max, when I can KISS all problems.;)

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
Chips used inside the USB2DA : DA Converters running in Dual Mono Mode. 2 x Burr Brown PCM1796 . The Dual-Mono Mode of the PCM 1796 Stereo-DA-Chips results in optimum (endless) channel sparation, improved dynamic jet stability and less than neglible noise. Better sounding DA-chips. Dynamic 126db Signal to Noise 126db

WTF is Dynamic Jet Stability?

Have we just been introduced to another snake oil term?

Yebbut look at all those buttons!

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
"The CE Generators simply absorb bad energy and convert it to good energy, you will feel better and your stereo system will sound a lot better, with better imaging, detail, dynamics, and simply just sound a lot more realistic." from highend-electronics

View attachment 240514
A great review that ticks all the boxes:

Back story with fun anecdote
Pretend to puzzle over how they work
Of course they do work and you'll be missing out on the veil lifting if you don't buy.
Totally unsupported technical conclusion as to the cause of the improvement - stated as fact
Some complete balderdash to justify the extortionate price.

Textbook stuff.

Top Bottom