• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL VMV A2 Review (Stereo Amplifier & DAC)

renoxd

In previous menus this item did not exist and was located under a differently named menu item in a different location.
But you also see in Amirm's review that the frequency response is straight from 20 Hz, and it was one of the first devices with an early firmware version.
There is no question that the menus on these devices are often not sophisticated and logical. The manuals for the devices often do not match the menus and/or are incomplete and inaccurate.

I also noticed that the default settings of the latest firmware version on my Sabaj A30 and a friend's VMV A2 are a bit unfortunate. After the firmware update, the subwoofer function was switched on on both devices and set to 70 Hz.
I won't believe that I didn't see it, but it was there. No way :) VMV A2 didn't get any firmware update. I looked everywhere, and I was no able to turned it off. Well, it doesn't matter anymore. I returned it.

Would be great to see another integrated powered amp that doesn't need DAC with all the problem fixed. I really look for not a high, black unit with sub out like VMV A2.

I'm waiting for Buckeye Integrated amp, but I'm not sure whether it will be low as needed. VMV A2 MK2 would also fit if all problems would be fixed

GiBo61

I won't believe that I didn't see it, but it was there. No way :) VMV A2 didn't get any firmware update. I looked everywhere, and I was no able to turned it off. Well, it doesn't matter anymore. I returned it.

Would be great to see another integrated powered amp that doesn't need DAC with all the problem fixed. I really look for not a high, black unit with sub out like VMV A2.

I'm waiting for Buckeye Integrated amp, but I'm not sure whether it will be low as needed. VMV A2 MK2 would also fit if all problems would be fixed
Out of curiosity, what do you mean for "and I was no able to turned it off"?

renoxd

There was no option to turn off "sub cutoff" filter. The only possibility was to select something between 70 and 160

Top Bottom