• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL SU8 Help

Vanboozin

I'm trying to output 16 bit audio using foobar v.1.4.1, however xmos is reporting playback at 32 bit for some reason, tried Both Asio and Wasapi.
Cant seem to get 16 bit output. All i'm after is bit perfect playback...

Installed the "SU-8 Driver 2018-06-19" from Shenzen driver page here. http://www.smsl-audio.com/download.asp

I have another DAC & i'm able to select 16,24 or 32 bit output with that driver..not sure what i'm missing with the SU8 ?

Attachments

• Asio.jpg
    Asio.jpg
    525.2 KB · Views: 241
  • Asio1.jpg
    Asio1.jpg
    524.8 KB · Views: 244
  • Asio2.jpg
    Asio2.jpg
    530.9 KB · Views: 202
  • Asio3jpg.jpg
    Asio3jpg.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 186
  • Wasapi.jpg
    Wasapi.jpg
    519.9 KB · Views: 252

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not sure if this info will be helpful to you, but some music playback software will automatically output at a higher bit-depth if it senses that the DAC is capable of (or works natively at) the higher bit-depth. This does not impact the bit-perfect aspect - nothing is being resampled; the 16-bit source is just being padded with zeros to make it into a 32-bit stream that then gets sent out to the DAC.

Last edited:
OP
V

Vanboozin

good to know thank you

Top Bottom