• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL su 9 problem

Big-Audio-64

I upgraded from an IFI Zen Dac v2 to a THX 887 amp anda SMSL su9 dac. I received the amp first and hooked it upthrough Zen Dac to windows 10 Sony Viao laptop via usb. The sound was amazing streaming youtube videos...Santana Abraxas Vinyl is awesome through my HD6xx cans. I hooked u the smsl via usb when it arrived and loaded the drivers. I put abraxas on to test the sound and it sounded great!.....Here's where my problems began. I paused the music and when I went to play again, no sound. I tried turning off, unplugging and swithching inputs etc back and forth to no avail. I did troubleshooting but no help. I contacted support and they walked me through some steps and after restarting, I had sound again....till the album finished and whenI went to play some jazz...no sound! went through microsoft support and after some more tests and fiddling around, a restart and again sound, till Ipaused no sound. I took out the smsl and put zen dac through thx amp and sweet music. I can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

alpha_logic

I upgraded from an IFI Zen Dac v2 to a THX 887 amp anda SMSL su9 dac. I received the amp first and hooked it upthrough Zen Dac to windows 10 Sony Viao laptop via usb. The sound was amazing streaming youtube videos...Santana Abraxas Vinyl is awesome through my HD6xx cans. I hooked u the smsl via usb when it arrived and loaded the drivers. I put abraxas on to test the sound and it sounded great!.....Here's where my problems began. I paused the music and when I went to play again, no sound. I tried turning off, unplugging and swithching inputs etc back and forth to no avail. I did troubleshooting but no help. I contacted support and they walked me through some steps and after restarting, I had sound again....till the album finished and whenI went to play some jazz...no sound! went through microsoft support and after some more tests and fiddling around, a restart and again sound, till Ipaused no sound. I took out the smsl and put zen dac through thx amp and sweet music. I can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Right click the Speaker in your taskbar. Click on “Sounds”. Go to the “Playback” tab and click on your audio device. Push the “Properties” button and go to the “Advanced” tab. Under “Exclusive Mode”, untick “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device”.

Top Bottom