• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

rajapruk

Forum Donor
Beta-testing done now then by Amir. Tested OK.

Last edited:

wyrainer

V2TOV1.jpg

Last edited:

wyrainer

No problem!
I bought a su-8 at 11.11, the price is about $158 (1099 rmb). I didn't know if they had corrected this problem, so after two days I returned it back...

then I bought a topping d10 and a khadas tone board
now I little regret, I like balance out

SMSL-Mandy

Audio Company
Something we have changed.

In order to prevent my translation errors, I will keep the Chinese that the engineer told here.Thanks.

输出端这三个开关的供电,由原来的5V提高在9V供电而已,其它在无更改。我们再说明一下,他之前测试时是因为他们测试方式都是以0dB频率信号进行测试的,之上一版本机器就后面开关供电的电压幅度不够所以看起来参数会差一点,但上版本的机器以-6dB频率信号进行测试,参数也会是很好的,当时设计人员认为用户正常使用播放歌曲信号,是不会有0dB频率信号那么高的幅值的,而且这个机器是有前级功能。

还有就是一个多余的时钟没用,删了,加了一个备用的保险丝。这些都不会影响参数的。
su8.jpg

The power supply of these three switches at the output is increased by the original 5V to 9V, nothing other have changed.

Because all tested with a 0dB frequency signal. In the previous version of the machine, the voltage of the power supply behind the switch is not enough, so it seems that the parameters will be a little worse. But if tested with a -6dB frequency signal, and the parameters would be very good,too. When we designed SU-8, the designer thought that the normal user would not have the same high amplitude as the 0dB frequency signal, and the machine is pre-AMP.

An extra clock is useless, deleted, and a spare fuse is added.These do not affect the parameters.

Last edited:

wyrainer

输出端这三个开关的供电,由原来的5V提高在9V供电而已,其它在无更改。我们再说明一下,他之前测试时是因为他们测试方式都是以0dB频率信号进行测试的,之上一版本机器就后面开关供电的电压幅度不够所以看起来参数会差一点,但上版本的机器以-6dB频率信号进行测试,参数也会是很好的,当时设计人员认为用户正常使用播放歌曲信号,是不会有0dB频率信号那么高的幅值的,而且这个机器是有前级功能。

还有就是一个多余的时钟没用,删了,加了一个备用的保险丝。这些都不会影响参数的。View attachment 18159

The power supply of these three switches at the output is increased by the original 5V to 9V, nothing other have changed.

Because all tested with a 0dB frequency signal. In the previous version of the machine, the voltage of the power supply behind the switch is not enough, so it seems that the parameters will be a little worse. But if tested with a -6dB frequency signal, and the parameters would be very good,too. When we designed SU-8, the designer thought that the normal user would not have the same high amplitude as the 0dB frequency signal, and the machine have pre-level functions.

An extra clock is useless, deleted, and a spare fuse is added.These do not affect the parameters.

难得能看到中文啊。。。。。
我这半吊子英文,看还勉强,发帖实在是发的痛苦啊。

rajapruk

Forum Donor
Why is not OPPO UDP-205 at the top of the SINAD topchart anymore with its 115dB SINAD? Because it is not for sale any more?

BigDaddyLongnut

In order to prevent my translation errors, I will keep the Chinese that the engineer told here.Thanks.

还有就是一个多余的时钟没用,删了,加了一个备用的保险丝。这些都不会影响参数的。View attachment 18159

Because all tested with a 0dB frequency signal. In the previous version of the machine, the voltage of the power supply behind the switch is not enough, so it seems that the parameters will be a little worse. But if tested with a -6dB frequency signal, and the parameters would be very good,too. When we designed SU-8, the designer thought that the normal user would not have the same high amplitude as the 0dB frequency signal, and the machine have pre-level functions.

I have board version 1.1, I see v.1.0 and v.1.2 mentioned here, were any improvements made from 1.0 to 1.1?

SchwarzeWolke

Forum Donor
Did you not buy the GALA dac? Cold feet on that one?

I guess you can ask Amazon support what to do.
The price with 189€ was just too good and I realized that I always could resell it for this price. :)
Funding for the GALA is also not going well...
Edit: Given the really easy nature of disassembly/reassembly, the most efficient and environmental friendly way would be to send out new boards. As far as I can see, you don't have to solder anything. Just unscrew a little bit and exchange the board.

Javster

So how would you say overall this compares to the topping dx7s? Is it better or worse?

Jimster480

Major Contributor
SU-8 comes with a remote.
Oh you are right, it could be used as a preamp then with powered speakers.
I just looked and amir noted this in his original review.
I guess then its just the difference of the bigger LCD screen + the amp + Coax output (on the DX7).

Top Bottom