• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

SMSL SU-8 Version 2 Balanced DAC

Oukkidoukki

Excellent! Do you have a multimeter, and a way to do blind switching? Those output levels have to be matched spot on.
No multimeter but audio decibel meter....I try to match with that.......my friend will change the xlr cables between the dacs then i guess which is which.......i dont have switching box nor wanna use one in fear of fucking up the signal path.........btw. when I said old rme adi 2....its not from last year.....its from 2004....first adi they made..

Oukkidoukki

When they arrive just plug in decent headphones if you have some and listen to some good recording songs, please. I know measurements are important. However, how great a unit sounds vital "at least" for me. Thanks.
I don't have high end headphones.....I have dt 770, akg k702, senheiser hd-25 and o2 headamp....let's see.....or should I say hear

BDWoody

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Patreon Donor
No multimeter but audio decibel meter....I try to match with that.......my friend will change the xlr cables between the dacs then i guess which is which.......i dont have switching box nor wanna use one in fear of fucking up the signal path.........btw. when I said old rme adi 2....its not from last year.....its from 2004....first adi they made..
Then switch, and have him listen. Should be interesting.

graz_lag

Major Contributor

Oukkidoukki

I sent it to some Kelly already....it was contact email in SMSL site.....she answered and told to contact schenzen audio. So I did. Waiting for the answer....

BDWoody

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Patreon Donor
Ookeeyyy then...........so su 8 came but it doesn’t power up.......any help?

Bummer man...I hope you get it sorted out.
Always disappointing when stuff doesn't work. I'm sure you will be taken care of, but...still...

graz_lag

Major Contributor
I don’t know. I guess I can’t open it to keep warranty.
@AudioSceptic was probably referring to the fuse that's available within the UK-type male plug, but it looks you have a different type of plug.

graz_lag

Major Contributor
Shenzhen Audio will not let you down, they're serious. Be confident!

Top Bottom