• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

smsl sh6 headphone amp (SH-6, beat amir by the speed) $110

okok

got no amir measurement yet, it might be a disaster...

warning: this is some entry hp amp, looks like 300g toy, surprisingly light-weight

cost: around $110, yes, for one hundred bucks it's not even "entry", there's no giant killer, bigger amp got more tubes/opamps chips, better heatsinks, better psu (what do you expect when a cheapie "measures" "better" than hippie)

some photos first

it's basically a sh-8s cost down model (or actually ho100), a few db worse and NO xlr/differential input, which is really shame (the xlr connectjacks must be expensive)

really want to get some big ass amps but must sell my big-ass r2r dac first, I got a handful of serious DACs but no amps in years (digital volume in foobar2000 is good, not bad at least)

tried to pair it with DAC that's 5 times or even 15 times of the price...

the only only upside is the background is quiet,
no punch, no dynamics, what do you expect? it might MEASURE BETTER than many 5kg amps, but this thingy is very limited

and the size is barely as big as my palm

conculsion: not recommended, no good no miracle

1a.jpg

Last edited:
OP
O

okok

this is the internal of ho100, just without the differential input, two boards are almost indentical

111.jpg

Top Bottom