• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL Sanskrit 10th no output

I bought an SMSL Sanskrit 10th and it arrived today, I tried both USB and Optical, on USB it seems to switch Sampling rates just fine, and I can't test that on optical (I only have a cd player)
When I play audio, nothing outputs from the line out (I'm using a NAIT 1 if that makes a difference)

Eetu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hi, could you tell us how you've connected everything? CD player -> optical -> Sanskrit -> RCA-DIN -> Nait 1 -> speakers? PC with the usb? And have you used the other components before (cd player + Naim work fine without the Sanskrit in-between)?

Zek

Major Contributor
Is the optical cable correct? Did you remove the protective cap?
Did you change input on the DAC?

OP
D
Hi, could you tell us how you've connected everything? CD player -> optical -> Sanskrit -> RCA-DIN -> Nait 1 -> speakers? PC with the usb? And have you used the other components before (cd player + Naim work fine without the Sanskrit in-between)?
It always worked fine with the cd player(it's a transport with a dac so it has RCA and optical)

I have a switcher with 3 RCA inputs connected to the nait with an RCA to DIN

The DAC is connected via the switcher and it's connected to volumio and the cd player via USB and optical, it recognises the signal as being 44khz from the cd and 192/dsd1 from usb

The CD player worked fine via RCA on the same switcher

Eetu

Forum Donor
It always worked fine with the cd player(it's a transport with a dac so it has RCA and optical)

I have a switcher with 3 RCA inputs connected to the nait with an RCA to DIN

The DAC is connected via the switcher and it's connected to volumio and the cd player via USB and optical, it recognises the signal as being 44khz from the cd and 192/dsd1 from usb

The CD player worked fine via RCA on the same switcher

Ok, just making sure you have set the volume at max value -00? Maybe try flicking through the inputs once again (In1, In2, In3). And a long shot (I know it didn't work with Volumio either): does your CD player have an output/dac setting, if you usually have it analog out?

OP
D
The DAC is at max volume, and the cd player outputs to both simultaneously, cause I confirmed by plugging it into my soundbar, which it worked with

Eetu

Forum Donor
The DAC is at max volume, and the cd player outputs to both simultaneously, cause I confirmed by plugging it into my soundbar, which it worked with

In that case it may be a faulty unit. I would still try using a desktop / laptop just to make sure. Maybe without the switcher too. And if it still doesn't output, return the unit :confused:

Last edited:
OP
D
In that case it may be a faulty unit. I would still try using a desktop / laptop just to make sure. Maybe without the switcher too. And if it still doesn't output, return the unit :confused:
I've done all that, I guess I'll just have to return it

Eetu

Forum Donor
I've done all that, I guess I'll just have to return it
Yeah, seems like every other piece of equipment works, it's connected properly and you've set the volume & input correctly. Can't think of anything else you could try at this point, sorry. Hope everything goes smoothly with the return (and the replacement unit) :)

OP
D
Thanks for all the help, I hope a replacement unit works, anyway I contacted the seller, so I have until the next time I go to a post office to get a solution

To double check I plugged the cd player into the exact RCA port on the switcher and it worked fine, so it looks like it was the DAC

Zek

Major Contributor
How is the DAC powered when connected to a CD player?

Zek

Major Contributor
Then it must be a defective device. Try replacing it.

A800

have-you-tried-turning-it-off-and-on-again

D

Deleted member 15250

I had this issue too. From the manual: 2. When you first operate Sanskrit 10th, press the C key first.

D

Deleted member 15250

Just took my sanskrit 10th anniversay out of the closet and tried it out again.. it glitched twice and was unresponsive until a few power cycles.. so I threw it in the trash. Buy from within your own country so you have a real warranty, is the lesson I learned from this :/

Top Bottom