• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII Help

Firaaero

Hi everyone,

First time poster, so hope this is OK.

I recently purchased the SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII DAC. I have it connected to my hi-fi system consisting of a Rotel RA1572 integrated amp as well as B&W 603 towers.

The 'problem' I've encountered with this setup so far, is when connecting the DAC directly to my PC with a micro USB cable to the DAC (I should note that the DAC is also powered with a mobile charger power supply) the sound is much inferior as compared to connecting it to my Samsung android tablet's USB C port. The sound is simply much 'fuller' when playing through the android tablet compared to the PC. I have the drivers downloaded for the DAC on the PC too, no difference. It just seems it falls apart when listening to rock/metal and cymbals are annihilated compared to the tablet. The screen also displays 192khz when connected to the tablet compared to the PC at 44khz, I know that it is irrelevant but I thought I'd add it.

Regardless, I appreciate all the help!

Zek

Major Contributor
Better use external power supply for Sanskrit, and try another USB port on PC.
Regarding 192kHz & 44kHz, it depends on music player settings.

Juan Ardila

Hola, necesito de su ayuda. Hasta hace diez días me enteré de la existencia de los dac's y compré un smsl sanskrit 10th mk II, pero no sé cómo funciona. Tengo un receptor av denon de 5.2 canales al que he intentado conectar a través de cable RCA pero no me sale el sonido, igual intenté en mi teléfono y ordenador. Por favor ayúdenme explicándome como funciona, cómo debo hacer la conección. Gracias

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210623-223722.png
    Screenshot_20210623-223722.png
    145 KB · Views: 197

Zek

Major Contributor
You didn't have to buy a DAC, since there is already a DAC in your receiver.

raindance

Major Contributor
Android tablets, such as Samsung, upsample everything to 24/192. If you're using a direct sound driver on the computer, you can tell it to do the same. What app are you listening on? Did you verify all EQ settings are defeated on the computer and the tablet?

Juan Ardila

[QUOTE = "Zek, publicación: 826452, miembro: 1037"] No tenía que comprar un DAC, ya que ya hay un DAC en su receptor. [/ QUOTE]Gracias por atender a mi pregunta. Entiendo, pero entiendo que el DAC aporta una mejora a las capacidades del DAC incorporado en el receptor, es asi?

Juan Ardila

[QUOTE = "raindance, publicación: 826459, miembro: 9886"] Las tabletas Android, como Samsung, muestran todo a 24/192. Si está utilizando un controlador de sonido directo en la computadora, puede decirle que haga lo mismo. ¿En qué aplicación estás escuchando? ¿Verificó que todas las configuraciones de EQ están anuladas en la computadora y la tableta? [/ QUOTE]Hola, muy amable por atender. Que aplicación me podrías recomendar?

Rodrigo1845

Hi everyone,

First time poster, so hope this is OK.

I recently purchased the SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII DAC. I have it connected to my hi-fi system consisting of a Rotel RA1572 integrated amp as well as B&W 603 towers.

The 'problem' I've encountered with this setup so far, is when connecting the DAC directly to my PC with a micro USB cable to the DAC (I should note that the DAC is also powered with a mobile charger power supply) the sound is much inferior as compared to connecting it to my Samsung android tablet's USB C port. The sound is simply much 'fuller' when playing through the android tablet compared to the PC. I have the drivers downloaded for the DAC on the PC too, no difference. It just seems it falls apart when listening to rock/metal and cymbals are annihilated compared to the tablet. The screen also displays 192khz when connected to the tablet compared to the PC at 44khz, I know that it is irrelevant but I thought I'd add it.

Regardless, I appreciate all the help!
Hola quiero saber como conecto mi Dac sanskrit al teléfono, como se llama el cable

Top Bottom