• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL Sanskrit 10th DAC powerd and not

Aztk

Hi all, I have SMSL Sanskrit 10th DAC fed by Raspberry Pi with moode audio and attached to a Luxman LV-113 amp on the other side.
I've seen the information that the DAC performs better when additionally powered, so I have a 5v 1.5A additional power in.

The strange thing is that my ears tell me the DAC produces too much bass when additionally powered. it seems not the case without additional power.
The speakers might not be optimal for a bookshelf and a small room - 4ohm speaker and a bit bigger.

Do you have some similar experience and what might be the reason?
Maybe a particular PCM filter I should be using or else?

ichonderoga

Forum Donor
Last edited:
OP
A

Aztk

Hm... Might be, ears are not precise measurement device and there are many factors involved.
The filters add another layer of complexity and I am not sure what these are good for... I'll experiment.
Strange though, I see now I have listened to the different filters and stopped to FL 5 (Super Slow Roll-off) as the one which doesn't bothers me purely auditory.
Thanks for the links!

Last edited:
Top Bottom