• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[Solved] SMSL SA100 vs LOXJIE A10

• Thread starter Deleted member 9685
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9685

I want to drive Eltax Monitor 1 at my desk in my room.
The sensitivity of Eltax Monitor 1 is 85~87dB. Thus, 10~16W is required to drive each speaker at 97dB.

Which one is better between SMSL SA100 and LOXJIE A10?
Both use TPA3116D2 and are at about the same price.

Caveat 1. According to Z, LOXJIE A10 seems to produce a lot of hiss due to induction current while nothing is being played. The seller says amp doesn't hiss if something is played. This means I need to have my computer keep playing silence in the background in order to prevent it from hissing.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
D

Deleted member 9685

I decided that FX502S Pro is better than both as an amplifier. It delivers a lot of value for the price.

Toku

Major Contributor
The LOXJIE A10 turned out to emit a lot of different noise from the white noise between 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock in the volume. The loudest noise comes out at 12 o'clock. It is not very negligible. The noise disappears like a lie when you raise it further from the 2 o'clock position to MAX.
I was worried about this weird behavior of LOXJIE A10 and returned the item.
If you look at review articles overseas such as US Amazon, some similar reports have been reported.

tvrgeek

Major Contributor
Good to know. Cheap is still cheap, not quite the threshold yet. Quite a jump to the "happier" levels.

blagadies

I have the loxjie a10 and d10 for my desktop and yes the amp hisses when cranking the volume. In the near field I rarely ever go past the 8 o'clock position so for this application it is fine. It's not perfect but it is the set I bought for winning a college football bowl pick'em and it makes me smile. I did a side by side with an intergra AVR using the integra as the dac for the loxjie and they sounded extremely close. Don't expect anything better than sub 1000 dollar AVR sound.

Top Bottom