• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL M9 DAC/Amp

D

Deleted member 4708

Interesting; I wonder how does this compare to the Topping dx3pro... 140$ seems cheap.

Rollingsound514

Forum Donor
The discount from MD is insane. This makes me a lil uneasy having just ordered the dx3 pro but if the M9s headphone amp doesn't cut it then the dx3 pro wins

shocker

Honestly, i find the balanced headphones output attractive. I wish the DX3 would have that too.

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
amazon reviews are quite negative and states a lot of issues for such a high priced product. Then u have it on sale at 1/3 the price. You do the math ;)

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a SMSL M9 bought on impulse because I liked the beautifully machined case :)
I am an engineer and don’t mind paying more for a nicely made product rather than a cheap folded sheet metal case.
I don’t use headphones much so it was a silly impulse but it works nicely enough for me.
You wouldn’t be able to get the case made here in the UK for what Massdrop are asking.

pwjazz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have a SMSL M9 bought on impulse because I liked the beautifully machined case :)
I am an engineer and don’t mind paying more for a nicely made product rather than a cheap folded sheet metal case.
I don’t use headphones much so it was a silly impulse but it works nicely enough for me.
You wouldn’t be able to get the case made here in the UK for what Massdrop are asking.

Some reviewers state that the unit runs very hot. Have you found that to be the case?

Top Bottom