• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL M500 Teardown & ESS ES9038Pro DAC Thermal Analysis

Shoaibexpert

Addicted to Fun and Learning
No idea what is even that. I can try to help, but you need to tell me where I'm likely to find that. I doubt it's in the box, as it was very plain with not a lot on the outside.
Can you share the product code below the bar chart like below on the M500 box?
Screenshot_20200621-110414_Google.jpg

pirxel

Can you share the product code below the bar chart like below on the M500 box?
Hi, sorry, crazy Saturday :D

Here are a few pics of the box, including a bar code that looked like the one you mentioned:
IMG_20200621_132942.jpgIMG_20200621_132954.jpgIMG_20200621_133005.jpgIMG_20200621_133014.jpg

jdoe

Hi @amirm, could you please take a photo of flex cable, which connects front panel display and board, with some basic ruler on top? I'd like to purchase longer cable, but need to know pin number and pitch. Or maybe you can just take measure and post here number of pins and pitch width. Greatly appreciated in advance (it might help to re-flash stuck firmware, I will post instruction here for everyone in case if I'll succeed).

zym1010

Forum Donor
Hi @amirm, could you please take a photo of flex cable, which connects front panel display and board, with some basic ruler on top? I'd like to purchase longer cable, but need to know pin number and pitch. Or maybe you can just take measure and post here number of pins and pitch width. Greatly appreciated in advance (it might help to re-flash stuck firmware, I will post instruction here for everyone in case if I'll succeed).

Just FYI, you need to make sure to get the sides of pins right as well. Some cables have their pins exposed on the same side. Some are on the opposite.

TVDHVN

Can someone tell me what kind of screen the SMSL M500 is, can I buy it and replace it myself?

Top Bottom