• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL M500 - Owners' Thread

HubertM500

A note from a happy SMSL M500 owner in Australia -

I had an issue that Apple Music on my macOS 13.3 desktop was not outputting Hi-Res Lossless audio (the M500 display still said 44.1 kHz)

The solution was the free app LosslessSwitcher https://github.com/vincentneo/LosslessSwitcher

My M500 display now shows the Hi-Res Audio logo and 96 kHz when playing Hi-Res content in Apple Music and it sounds great.

Just thought I would mention that here since this does not seem well documented.

PS my System Version is SW:1.6 HW:1.3 2020-3-2

Is there any point updating the firmware? Everything is currently working fine (except that sometimes rarely when switching between Tidal, Apple Music and other apps I sometimes get no audio and have to turn the M500 off & on again)

Roddy

Is there any point updating the firmware?
Considering the smsl m500 mkiii is out (wasn't so long ago we were talking about the mkii), I'd safely assume the mki has been abandoned and non-critical updates rolled into the model they're currently selling.

a|F

Need help please. I use the M500 with USB from my computer and want to be able to swap and somehow use my phone as the input source. For some reason I can't get it to work. Any thoughts or ideas from the community?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Need help please. I use the M500 with USB from my computer and want to be able to swap and somehow use my phone as the input source. For some reason I can't get it to work. Any thoughts or ideas from the community?
What phone? What connection?

Top Bottom