• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL M500 MKII Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Rate this DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 35 13.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 206 82.1%

• Total voters

usa_satriani

My point is that reading Amazon feedbacks and forums, smsl seems to have a poor quality service.
See here MK1 review for example.
This doesn't make the working m500 any bad, for 300€ the mk2 from Amazon, I wished it worked as I sold my diablo too. 30s of music sound fine on the mk2.
Nothing to do with racism.
Same for modern BMW cars, I don't know why people still buy these in Europe.

But for 600€ chord mojo2, perhaps is a go for me.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, it sounds to me like he has bought some stuff from FiiO that worked great & he thought that all Chinese companies would be just as good.
But not all companies in any country or from any race of people are as good as each other. So he just have a bad whatever from a different Chinese company.
But it just indicates that he hasn't had any problems with things from FiiO, which happens to be another Chinese company.
So he is praising one Chinese company and damning some others, all related to the ones that he has had experience with.
That is not saying all Chinese or Chinese companies are bad. Just that he has had some lesser experiences with other Chinese (companies being inferred).

I lived for 17 years in a place where people of my race (Caucasian) were less than 1% of the population (& this is where I met my Chinese wife).
And actual residents like me were a lot less of a percentage than that.
There was 1 Mexican guy married to a Chinese women (that were residents).
There were 2 other (residents) people from Austria.
A few Koreans, & Bangladesh people, quite a few Thai, Chinese and a few Japanese.
Together, we did not make up 5% of the population.
Although there were many people from the Philippines (almost 1/3 of the people there), only about 10% were residents.
The other 2 thirds of the population consisted of Chamorro or Carolinian indigenous people whose ancestry there goes back at least 4000 years.

This preoccupation that people have with race/ethnicity is just racism itself.
The back side of the same coin.

That is why I suggested looking in the mirror.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, it sounds to me like he has bought some stuff from FiiO that worked great & he thought that all Chinese companies would be just as good.
But not all companies in any country or from any race of people are as good as each other. So he just have a bad whatever from a different Chinese company.
But it just indicates that he hasn't had any problems with things from FiiO, which happens to be another Chinese company.
So he is praising one Chinese company and damning some others, all related to the ones that he has had experience with.
That is not saying all Chinese or Chinese companies are bad. Just that he has had some lesser experiences with other Chinese (companies being inferred).

I lived for 17 years in a place where people of my race (Caucasian) were less than 1% of the population (& this is where I met my Chinese wife).
And actual residents like me were a lot less of a percentage than that.
There was 1 Mexican guy married to a Chinese women (that were residents).
There were 2 other (residents) people from Austria.
A few Koreans, & Bangladesh people, quite a few Thai, Chinese and a few Japanese.
Together, we did not make up 5% of the population.
Although there were many people from the Philippines (almost 1/3 of the people there), only about 10% were residents.
The other 2 thirds of the population consisted of Chamorro or Carolinian indigenous people whose ancestry there goes back at least 4000 years.

This preoccupation that people have with race/ethnicity is just racism itself.
The back side of the same coin.

That is why I suggested looking in the mirror.
I agree. I experienced very strong learning lessons in my travels from small hick town living to my relocation and subsequent living in Vancouver which is a major melting pot. I was in the minority in Vancouver and I learned to adjust and accept other cultures and races as compared to before in the small hick town I grew up in which was a bit racist. After ~20 years in Vancouver I am now more interested in Asian women than Caucasian because I am familiarized with them more than Caucasian women as I dated them much more in Vancouver than Caucasian women. To analogize I suppose you are what you eat and I've been eating Asian for decades. :D

Reactions: EJ3
Top Bottom