• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL M400 Randomly flipping polarity

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
My SMSL M400 has been infrequently flipping the polarity of one or the other of its channels, resulting in out of polarity stereo. So far every time its been remedied by powering it down. Very strange. Has anybody else encountered this? I'm on Windows 10 and it occurs no matter what software I'm using for file playback, and the DAC is only a few months old.

ShiZo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
My SMSL M400 has been infrequently flipping the polarity of one or the other of its channels, resulting in out of polarity stereo. So far every time its been remedied by powering it down. Very strange. Has anybody else encountered this? I'm on Windows 10 and it occurs no matter what software I'm using for file playback, and the DAC is only a few months old.
How would I know if it is?

OP
MakeMineVinyl

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
How would I know if it is?
The left and right channels would be out of polarity and you would hear this. However, I've not noticed this problem for quite a long while, and the driver has since been updated, so this might be a non-issue by now.

Top Bottom