• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL DO200 MKII DAC Review

Rate this DAC:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 65 26.5%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 156 63.7%

• Total voters

Bernard23

Addicted to Fun and Learning
While our ear and/or brain may not be able to "hear" the stairsteps, that does not mean they are not there... it is the nature of a digital stream. In an analogue wave, there are no steps as the wave form is continuous. Again not saying that everyone or anyone can hear it and/or the difference... it just is what it is. In some (not all) material... on my system ... I can usually hear this "smoothness" difference between ESS and AKM dac's in good units with good circuitry. Some of my friends prefer the ESS over the AKM... some the other way around... very subjective. It's why some people love violin and to others it's like fingernails on a chalkboard. The important thing is that YOU enjoy what you are listening to.
They are there, you just can't hear it. However, if you think you can, and prepared to spend ££ that's OK. Don't expect others to agree though, because it's not how physics works.

Top Bottom