• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL DO100 DAC & HO100 Headphone amp

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
I'm thinking of pulling the switch on a SMSL AO100 amp - anyone have one yet? Measurements, impressions? This would be nice for my dining room setup with the integrated BT, integrated power (no power brick) and the remote... Speakers would be my KEF Coda 7s.

OP
S

Steamrolly

I'm thinking of pulling the switch on a SMSL AO100 amp - anyone have one yet? Measurements, impressions? This would be nice for my dining room setup with the integrated BT, integrated power (no power brick) and the remote... Speakers would be my KEF Coda 7s.
I have no experience with the AO100 but I am happy with my AO200; I would expect it would work just fine. If you a open to spending a bit more maybe consider the SMSL A300 which is getting some good feedback on this form. iWii Reviews recently posted a subjective review of the A300 on YouTube.

Last edited:

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
I have no experience with the AO100 but I am happy with my AO200; I would expect it would work just fine. If you a open to spending a bit more maybe consider the SMSL A300 which is getting some good feedback on this form. iWii Reviews recently posted a subjective review of the A300 on YouTube.
I pulled the switch on the AO100 as the Amazon price was good...will be interesting to compare to my other D amps. See what SMSL can do at that price level these days. I am still using some old SA-50s from time to time that I think use the 7492 chip. The nice thing about the 50s are plenty of power even with a 24v power supply. Much more gain than the Aiyima a04. The new AO100 will free up one of my bluetooth receivers for other duty.

Keerati

Maybe a bit late. I just got my SMSL AO100 amp, and didn't have any issue so far. I didn't have a device to test power amp though.

Joe Smith

Major Contributor
Maybe a bit late. I just got my SMSL AO100 amp, and didn't have any issue so far. I didn't have a device to test power amp though.
I got mine yesterday from Amazon...all good so far. I need to test with higher volume today and play with the tone control (though I will probably leave flat most of the time). I like the remote and setup was easy. Fast hooking to the internal bluetooth connection. I like that you can set the display to not be on all of the time. Very, very faint sound when you power off the amp, not a pop per se but you hear it go off. Seemed to have no problem pushing my 6 ohm KEF Q 15.2 speakers to good small to medium size room levels. Very nice ramp up on the volume with the electronic volume control. Case stays very cool to the touch.

Another plus on this is the subwoofer out, I don't own a sub but may gently dip my toe in that pond later this year. I may see if I can borrow a smaller sub from someone here in town and see whether I like it. This is initially destined for the dining room system, so may not invest in a sub for a while.

Very nice price point and overall product, so I'll retire the Aiyima A04 for now and just keep using the A07 in another system where I don't need multiple inputs at a time.

Top Bottom