• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL DAC + SMSL AMP + HeadSet. Problem.

DavidFbb

Hello everyone.
I have been reading for a long time, and finally I have dedicated myself to entering this world.
I tell you my problem.
I seek to play music alone and exclusively from my PC and occasionally from my mobile. At first I wanted to buy a Pioneer vsx 934, but after reading for a few weeks, I decided to buy an SMSL Sanskrit 10th SK10 MKII and an SMSL SA300, so I could connect two speakers and a sub (speakers kenwood 4ohm, 89 dB and sub jamo j12)
I think it is the best low cost option (if I am confused correct me)
The problem comes now, I use my pc a lot to play, and I play with a HeadSet, to be able to listen well and speak.
Would there be a way to have everything connected? In other words, listening to music and if I want to start playing, wear helmets without disconnecting anything.
Greetings and thank you very much, I hope to continue learning with you.

Eetu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hi, you could get a headphone amp like budget favorites Jds Labs Atom or Schiit Magni Heresy for ~$100 / ~130€ in between your Sanskrit and amp. They have pre amplifier functionality so you should be able to connect your SA300 and headset simultaneously.

An another option would be to find a passive 1-in-2-out switcher like the ones from Nobsound and use an RCA to 3.5mm cable to connect your headset.

Edit: The most elegant solution would be to replace the Sanskrit with a dac/hp amp combo such as the M500 (way more expensive though).

Last edited:
OP
D

DavidFbb

Thanks for answering. But would the microphone work connected only by a 3.5 jack? HeadSet are the hyperX Revolver

The elegant solution, I'm out of budget.

Thank you

Eetu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Thanks for answering. But would the microphone work connected only by a 3.5 jack? HeadSet are the hyperX Revolver

Ok, in that case I think you could use the headsets extension cable and connect the mic plug to your pc's microphone in. And the other headphone plug as I suggested in the previous post. Not 100% sure though, not too familiar with that headset. Hope you find a solution :)

Top Bottom