• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL DA9 DAC/Amp Pairing

Boxermotor

Hi, new to ASR and appreciate the plethora of sound system information!

I'm setting up a desktop sound system for my office and, after exploring different options, landed on testing out the Loxjie A30 all-in-one (headphone quality an issue, I know, but is passable) and the SMSL DA9. Since I want to use headphones for when people are around (AKG K702), wondering what DAC/Amp combo or separate units would be a solid choice to pair with the DA9. Looking at the Fulla E, Topping EX5, or even the SMSL SU9 & SH9 (I might have to sell my fist born for those).

Using Klipsch reference theater speakers and sub.

Any thoughts? Oh, and I mainly listen to classical music and interested in a wide soundstage and unembellished clarity. Once in a while some Dire Straits, Kansas, Boston, EL&P, and bluegrass/celtic, but I don't blast the walls off...Thanks!

Top Bottom