• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL D12 USB DAC + Headphone Amp combo

lkzhao

Anyone has a unit? how does this one sounds? How does it compare to something like the SMSL C200?

DarrylG

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Anyone has a unit? how does this one sounds? How does it compare to something like the SMSL C200?
I don't see the purpose of it. It costs $50 less than the C200, but has 1/3 the power. Actually, right now, you can buy the C200 for just $10 more.

Last edited:

feromir

I don't see the purpose of it. It costs $50 less than the C200, but has 1/3 the power. Actually, right now, you can buy the C200 for just $10 more.
Well, one of the reasons could be if you prefer AKM based DACs.

Last edited:

cmdr6

I got the D12 a few weeks ago and think its audio quality is fab.

Given the the build of the C200, I suspect they are identical components (and sound sound same).

I probably would have gotten the C200 since it has more options and 3.5mm headphone, but in the myriad of options out there I missed it. That said, maybe I saved $50 since I may never use those extra outputs.

Protip: on the remote, remove the dumb plastic IR cover for an extra 5-10' of range.

Zek

Major Contributor
Only USB input, no SPDIF inputs !!!

Top Bottom