• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL AO200 Subwoofer connection

Jon wise

Hello this is my first post here, I'm in no way a expert, just trying to learn and not damage my equipment along the way.
I'm thinking of buying a S.M.S.L AO200 and have been trying to find out if its possible to connect it to a subwoofer with a high level speaker connection, the reason I ask is because on checking my BK electronics 200xl subwoofer manual they state that not all class D amplifiers can be connected via high level speaker connections http://www.bkelec.com/hifi/sub_woofers/XLS200 MK2 MANUAL.pdf
I know I can use the sub outs on the AO200 but I have heard that possibly high level connections may give better sound and If I was experimenting I don't want to damage the amp.
I cannot find any info in the AO200's manual regarding this query.
Thank you for any input on this.

6th0

Welcome! I started down this rabbit hole last year when it was pretty clear that I would be spending a lot of time in a home office and cheap-o computer speakers wouldn't cut it. I knew nothing about home audio but know (and owe :) ) a lot more now. Stick around and you'll learn a ton!

I have an AO200 using high level connections to a BIC F12 subwoofer via RCA, then out to a pair of JBL Studio 530s. The crossover is set at 100Hz and works wonderfully.

I don't know for sure if this is also true using Neutrik but I assume so since you are still starting with an RCA connection from the back of the AO200 and using 3 wires instead of 4.

Enjoy your time here!

Top Bottom