• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL A100 (ma 12070)

AntGom

New MA12070 Chip amp from smsl...

Thoughts....?

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
New MA12070 Chip amp from smsl...

Thoughts....?
All-in-one from SMSL to compete with Loxjie A30...
Built-in power supply,
no optical input, no remote control - big minuses.
listed SINAD 86dB - decent.

OP
A

AntGom

All-in-one from SMSL to compete with Loxjie A30...
Built-in power supply,
no optical input, no remote control - big minuses.
listed SINAD 86dB - decent.
half price also....
two sub output...

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Anyone know if this would work well with a turntable?
It'll work as well with a turntable as it will for any other source (subject to the limitations of vinyl playback).

It has no phono input though, so you'll still need a phono pre-amp.

Last edited:

Nocturnal-G

I would be really surprised if a guy answered that for you. One, not a lot of people have a tt, two they don't have that amplifier.

I've been researching amps to fit into a little HIFI system I'm helping a friend build. I was pretty close to buying the Aiyima D03 until I read the thread on here about it, few people said the analog input isn't that great and is noisy. The Sabaj A10a stood out to me initially but I'd need an RCA switch for that since I was to be able to play music via a DAC as well. Maybe I'll bite the bullet and order the A100 and find out...

Nocturnal-G

Does anyone know how the USB function works? Is there an internal DAC? I can't find any info on what the DAC chip is on the inside.

ModDIY

I did not find anything, I would not be surprised that it is a PCM5102 (22) or ES9023 ... with a Realtek or pcm receiver.

Last edited:

ModDIY

My feeling is not good about the DAC

In my case I would use it with a external DAC with Bluetooth APTX-HD . For the price the risk is not great. I like that there has the internal SMPS and SUB output. The internal bluetooth is an APT-X (not hd), maybe Qualcomm QCC3008 with PCM5102 which is not bad and would be handy.

I have the Sabaj A20a, so this one would be like a backup.

Last edited:

Nocturnal-G

My feeling is not good about the DAC

In my case I would use it with a external DAC with Bluetooth APTX-HD . For the price the risk is not great. I like that there has the internal SMPS and SUB output. The internal bluetooth is an APT-X (not hd), maybe Qualcomm QCC3008 with PCM5102 which is not bad and would be handy.

I have the Sabaj A20a, so this one would be like a backup.

I can't use it with an external DAC because there's only one input. Plugging in a turntable to that input.

ModDIY

You can use the internal DAC.

We should ask the question to SMSL, about what type of internal DAC is it?

ModDIY

I don't know about this forum, I wrote to the official seller on aliExpress. I await a response and get back to you.

antcollinet

Master Contributor

ModDIY

I ask the question but I do not intend to use the DAC with USB.

What interests me is only the RCA input and the APT-X Bluetooth (QCC3008).

Qualcomm Bluetooth is either connected directly through its own DAC or through the DAC of the amplifier which must be a PCM5102 or an ES9023.

So for me the quality of the USB input does not matter to me. I would like to know out of curiosity because I will surely buy it anyway for background music in my workshop.

ModDIY

Hi, I got a response from SMSL, I had asked what DAC chips are this used for USB..

Hello, our A100 is a power amplifier, which is the chip of MA12070.

Thank you SMSL for your respond.

This is the problem very often with SMSL. They make great products, but their customer service seems average based on a few threads here.

Last edited:

ModDIY

I asked the question again specifying which DAC used for the USB input of this amplifier.

Top Bottom