Had another complementary thought this morning:I listened to the amp and think its an excellent amp for the money.
- Small form factor
- Gets uncomfortably loud (Sony Core 5 speakers)
- No hissing, popping
- Excellent detail in music
- Runs cool even when being pushed hard
- Internal DAC is so so (didn't test the Bluetooth input just USB)
- No tone controls
- No remote
- Can sound a bit thin / clinical (will listen again after it breaks in, upgrade the power cable)
- The speaker terminals in the back could be better
Overall, I think the amp is an excellent value. Sounds great especially for how small it is!
Pros: agree, can get uncomfortably loud (Klipsch R41M, whole thing is a tiny office system)
Cons: When first turned on, it mutes itself for a second and defaults back to Bluetooth input rather than what it was set to when turned off. If bluetooth level doesn't match input level of line in source (I had been using a Motu M2 to control the "monitor out" source) you might experience uncomfortably loud.